48

Stella excused herself a few minutes later. What we had is so precious that I hate to see us fight. She is more of a sister to me and I appreciate that she was after my well-being. But, she should have told me about it. I know she was only obeying orders but I still have the right to know.

I let out a sigh. The doctors came to check on me and told me I'd be discharged soon. I was glad. Zion hasn't come to check on me again. He makes me so confused that I'm beginning to suspect something is wrong. I'm sure there was a reason why I fainted

I asked Stella about it but she too said she knew nothing. I don't know if she was hiding something from me too. I bet she wouldn't, after the first one she did. I'm just so confused that I hate to be kept in the dark.

My hand went to my hair. I played with a strand since I had nothing to do other than watch TV. I was getting bored that I needed to go out.

I exhaled loudly for the tenth time today. I stopped playing with a strand of my hair. I pouted. Just in time, I heard a knock. I was confused since everyone just came in without Knocking

" Who's there?" I asked.

" It's I miss Ella"

That sounded like Kate's cousin. I think it's time I ask her for her name, calling her Kate's cousin doesn't seem like the best idea at all.

" Come in"

She pushed the door in and came in holding a small gift box. I was surprised to see the box. She smiled at me.

" Good day, Miss Ella" she bowed.

I don't like it when people bow at me. It's becoming a common thing in this palace.

" Oh please you don't need to bow "

She chuckled already used to my scolding about bowing " How are you feeling ?"

I smiled " I'm perfectly fine" 

" Good to hear that," she said then handed the small gift box to me "Here is a little gift for you"

I gave it a confused look " You got me a gift why?" I know it's bad to question a gift but I see no reason why she'll have to spend the little she has just to get a gift for me. I feel honored.

" I thought it's the nicest thing to do," she said rubbing her neck.

I accept it with full hands " I'm grateful for this. I mean, you don't have to do this "

" I want to do this"

I let out a sigh " I'm grateful, thanks "

Zion didn't even get me anything. He hadn't come to check on me or to check if I was hungry. Why does he love to torture me? he's so confusing. One minute we are good and the next minute he turns different.

I decided not to allow that to spoil the little happiness I felt receiving this gift from Stella's cousin.

" Please sit down," I said to her. She's been standing for too long now.

I let out a loud sigh then opened up the gift and to my surprise, it was filled with different types of chocolate. I love chocolate a lot. It was as if she knew me so well.

" Wow! I love chocolate" I squealed loudly.

She smiled at me " I'm glad you like it"

" I love it "

I didn't waste much time. I unwrapped a Bounty pack and chewed on it. It tastes like heaven The excitement was all over my face.

" God! It seems you know what I like. I love this a lot "It was so yummy.

" I'm glad " she chuckled.

I kept the remaining on a table beside my bed. I need to reduce my intake of chocolate since I'm still healing from the faint. I don't even know if chocolate has a side effect on a person who just recovered from fainting but who cares?

" So tell me something" I begin and she looks at me questioning " What is your name? You never mentioned it to me and I hate it when I don't know the names of people around me " I said.

She chuckled so loud that I was wondering "   I thought you'll never ask"

" So tell me "

" Well, my name is Jeanette "

She has a nice name really" Jeanette? that's nice but can I call you Jean?"

" I knew this was coming up,  " she said with a pout which made me chuckled

" Why?"

" I hate it when people call me Jean, it sounds like a trouser"

" But it doesn't matter," I said hiding my laugh.

" But it matters to me " she stressed and I understood her.

A lot of people with that name, when shortening the name always ended up like Jean.

" But I'm going for Jean." I joked

" Please no " she begged

Pulling her legs will be fun but it doesn't matter " Jean it is"

" No please " she whines.

I raised my hand in surrender " ok, Jeanette "

Relieve washes over her " Thank you"

" Uhm miss Ella?"

I raised a brow " Yes?"

" Sorry for not asking earlier. I'm sure you haven't had anything to eat so what would you love to eat?" She asked and I burst out laughing.

" Is that why you sound so serious? Come on, I'm not a baby. I don't bite. Please always be free around me. We are precisely age mate if I'm not mistaken" I said seriously.

She blushed "But it's not right. You are my superior"

" Stop saying that. I don't even belong to you people. We are equal please"

" You are the next Luna inline"

That made me freeze " Of course not. I can't rule a whole pack. I don't even know anything about how things like this are done. I'm leaving this place very soon"

" Please stop saying that. The alpha will be broken if you leave him" she said.

" He'll find a way to survive Look at me Jeanette, I'm just a human and nothing more "

She stared sadly at me "It doesn't matter at all. A lot of humans found themself in your position and they were able to survive you and you are not an exception."

" But your pack members don't want me. Remember the morning run?"

She exhaled loudly "Those people are Sandra's followers. There are lots of us who believe in you and what you can offer"

She was making me have second thoughts about this whole pack thing. I still need to leave, my mother is out there and may be in danger at the hands of her captor.

Well as I was told, he's my father but I don't even know whether he is a good person or a bad person. If he was a good person Mom wouldn't hide his identity from me and then that leaves me to the second option which is whether he was a bad person. I feel so confused right now.