"Dulce bellum inexpertis"

Author's Note: Ito ang promise kong special chapter sa release ng SA 2! The second book is now up for
pre-order on Psicom's shop in Shopee. Check my profile for the link.

**

Special Chapter: "Dulce bellum inexpertis"

"You think Aiane will like this?" Adrianna Sinclaire looked back at her husband and presented an antique lamp. She tilted her head and smiled nang makita niyang hindi ito nakikinig.

Binaba niya ang lamp and put her hand on her hips. "You're not listening to me."

Senri Sinclaire snapped out his reverie and turned his attention to his wife. "I think
we should leave. People are looking at us."

Adrianna covered her lips when she smiled. "You think they're onto us?"

Senri lowered his head to cover his eyes with the hair that fell on his forehead. Then he mumbled a faint "Yeah".

Adrianna turned back to the shelf full of antiques, searching once more for a knick
knack their daughter might like. "You know they are only looking at you because they think you're good looking, right?"

"No, they're not."

She smirked when she heard him stutter. She turned back to him to roll her eyes. "If I lived in this small town and someone as good looking as you walks in I'd totally oggle you and say "I'd tap that ass". And the glasses aren't exactly doing its work. It only makes you more handsome."

Senri cracked a smile. "Don't flatter me, princess."

"I had to say it." Adrianna held her hands up in defense. She steps closer to reach
Senri's jacket and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. "Don't be so paranoid. We're
only here to do a few tasks."

"And shopping is not one of them." Senri gave her a pointed look.

Adrianna countered his look with her own. "I'm doing this for our daughter. She's
back home now, I want to give her a welcome back present."

"She's going to start working in an antique shop soon. She's going to buy the stuff
she likes any chance she gets."

Adrianna only rolled her eyes again. She won't admit it but he's right. And with his
confident expression right now, he knows it.

"Fine. Shopping's over. Let's go!"

Adrianna turned and stomped out of the shop with Senri chuckling behind her.

"We shouldn't be roaming around. It's too dangerous. Kahit na maliit lang itong
lugar na 'to someone might still recognize us." Senri whispered when he caught up
with Adrianna.

"You're always right." Adrianna sighed. Senri knows she's just happy to have the
kids back home now that it's summer. If they did not have a business trip near here they would've gone straight home but since they do, might as well get it over with. The new intel might be helpful.

They walked through alleys until they reached the outskirts of town where a man was waiting for them. The pair silently followed the man behind hanggang sa makarating sila sa isang bahay na malapit na sa gubat.

"You may enter, Young master."

Senri only nods. Adrianna was the one who whispered "Thank you" before they
entered the house.

The creak of the wooden floor when they stepped in was enough to announce their presence.

Adrianna wasn't afraid to look around. She's already looking for ways to escape if
this doesn't go as planned. Kailangan nilang makatakas dito without alerting the authorities. She still put her trust on whoever they were meeting but what she learned after all these years is that she always needs a backup plan. And another backup for that plan. She needs to have endless ideas to escape their situation because she can't always wing it.