No Equals

"Look at your son," Adrianna said to her husband.

"Sino d'yan? Yung mukhang galit sa mundo o mukhang lantang gulay?"

Adrianna laughed, her gaze fixed on her two sons. Blake is lying on the sand with arms spread out, soaking all the heat from the sun while Zeus just got back from riding the huge waves Asher was making. He's on his phone again, probably contacting Seige but by the looks of it he's miserably failing.
"Zeus," she finally answered. "Just look at him"

Zeus drops his phone with their flip flops on the sand and joins the others again.

"He looks distracted" Senri said nang ma-wipeout si Zeus ng alon.

"Too bad you didn't get meet Seige," she glanced at him before pointing at Zeus exactly as he fell off the board again. "She's the reason for that distraction"

"Sinabi mo sa'kin may kapatid siya sa Council diba?"

Adrianna nods, remembering how she formally met Syre Van Syckle and what happened after that.

Adrianna just got out from a meeting, they had an hour and a half break for lunch bago muling sumabak sa issues ng mundo. She's massaging her temple while walking in the silent corridor to her study. Isa ito sa mga araw na hindi sila magkasama ni Sen sa trabaho.

Sabay silang mag la-lunch ngayon ni Carls, babalik lang siya sa kanyang study room para sa ilang minutong pahinga.

Since it was 'break time' wala siyang inaasahang gagambala sa kanya ngayon. Kaya laking gulat niya nang makita ang isang lalaki na nakatayo sa pintuan ng study room niya.

The guy did not even look her hanggang sa magkaharap na sila.

He bowed, "Good afternoon, Ma'am"

"Good afternoon," Kunot noo niyang sagot before discretely pointing at him. "You're Syre Van Syckle right?"

He nods. She bet he was trained to keep his expression neutral at everything.

Ganon naman ang mga loyal servant ng Purebloods. The follow their master around everywhere at tanging ang mga utos lang nito ang susundin. Probably years from now she'll see Ezra's friend here too.

Nang marealize na niya kung bakit ito nakatayo sa pinto niya ngayon napa buntong hininga nalang siya.

She opened the door at si Sherina La Valse agad ang bumungad sa kanya.

Gusto niyang tanungin kung ano ang ginagawa nito dito in a not so civil way but she shut her mouth and silently walked to her table to finally acknowledge Sherina's presence.

"I heard the training part of the school year has started," panimula nito.

The Council is keeping track of the Academy's status every month but it turns every week tuwing Next Level. Sherina La Valse is too early to ask for a status update.

"The Half Bloods---"

"Are training separately from the student body," Adrianna cut her off. A tinge of annoyance flashed in Sherina's face.

"Like they always do," Adrianna added with a tight smile.

Sherina remained idle for a seconds, it was as if she is studying Adrianna.

Adrianna is did the same.

This girl is a member of the sixth Pureblood family. It was natural to emit a superior vibe but Adrianna did not feel inferior at all. She's handled too much shit here in the Council from Council members to even care about what they think of her.