Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek

The little girl wept, her chubby red cheeks were strained with tears as she walked farther away from the garden where the others were.

They were playing hide and seek again.

And as always, she is the seeker.

The game got a bit leveled up because the others weren't hiding in their favorite spot anymore kaya kailangan na talaga niyang mag hanap sa iba pang lugar. Playing hide and seek in the Sinclaire Mansion in Rosehill is no joke. It's like searching in a huge park plus a vast land. Imagine how many doors she had to open just to search in each room at hindi pa doon kasama ang labas. Loob palang iyon ng bahay.

Ang pinaka madaling hanapin ay si Flame.

She would always be hiding in somewhere high. Be it a tree or on top of a cabinet. This time she was on top of the cupboards. Good thing it held her weight or else they'd be in trouble. She never asked how Flame got up there.

She found Asher next. He loved hiding in enclosed spaces. His hiding spots were a clausthrophobics worst nightmare. She found him hiding in between two massive shelves inside the main library.

Enzo's hiding spots however are the easiest. Pero gusto niyang maging pangalawa sa huli ang kanyang kambal. She knows why it's easy to find him, para hindi na siya mahirapan. Even in a game her twin still cares for her.

The last one is her real enemy. Zeus Sinclaire is the king of hide and seek. His hiding spots were unpredictable. Hindi katulad ng tatlo na may common denominator ang pinagtataguan. Zeus can hide himself anywhere. That's why it takes eternity to find him. When she finally gives up, Zeus will later reveal himself with a proud smirk then will say, "I win".

Those words always fueled her anger. She couldn't count how many times Zeus had won and how many times he rubbed it in. Yes, she is a sore loser. Even at a young age she hated losing. She is always butthurt from losing in one simple child game.

She just wanted to prove that not all Sinclaires are better in everything. Zeus Sinclaire is not a perfect child! He has mood swings that can trump a girl's!

Still, she tried to search for him. When the others started playing a different game, she lost it.

Enzo gave her a sad smile. A smiled that said, "It's okay".

It's not! Hangga't hindi pa niya nahahanap si Zeus hindi pa tapos ang laro!

She won't let him show himself carrying a proud statement again.

She turned her back on the others as her tears fell.

I'm not a loser... I'm not a loser... I'm not a loser...

The game is not over.

She already searched the majority of hiding places inside the house. Ngayon dito naman siya sa labas maghahanap. Zeus could be hiding in a shrub or something.

Her heightened senses could've been really helpful in this situation but she was not old and strong enough. Their normal senses keeps the game "cool" according to Asher, it would be boring if they can sense each other's presence in any part of the house. She had to give it to her dope of a cousin, he's right.

She kept searching until she couldn't see the clearing anymore.

Zeus knows his way around here. Kung alam ni Zeus dapat alam rin niya. She won't get lost. If she does then... she will scream loud enough for the others to hear. Her Dad will find her in not more than a minute.