Selfless

The first time I saw Adrianna Walter was when she first stepped in Sinclaire Academy.

I was wandering because I wanted to familiarize myself with the Academy again. It has been so long. We went to Pennsylvania to be on low profile, train, and also for Senri. Audrina's death devastated him.

I was also devastated. Like a part of  me died along with her. My beautiful girl was gone.

The realization punched me over and over again till I became numb.

I pulled myself up for my sister. I don't want to lose my Carly too so I became a better Cain than be a weeping boy who lost his love.

Maybe that's why Adrianna Walter caught my attention easily. She resembled Audrina so much.

The first thing I noticed was her hair. It was the same color as Aydee's. My heart clenched at that. The hollow pain was still there. It twitches and squeezes my heart everytime I see something that reminds me of Audrina Danielle.

I watched Adrianna as she stood at the lobby, confused as shit. I really wanted to laugh but I don't want to blow my cover so I kept myself composed.

Who knew the girl I watched the first day will eventually become my best friend and add more pain to what I'm feeling right now?

Adrianna Walter is a girl who deserved to be cherished and loved because of her golden heart.

But sadly, I wasn't the one who's meant to be with her.

It's hard to keep things for myself. It's hard to bottle up feelings. It's hard seeing the one you love fall for someone else. It's hard seeing Adrianna Walter fall for Senri Sinclaire.

The pain tripled. It was Audrina all over again.

When we were kids, I've always believed Aydee and Senri will marry each other when we grow up kaya wala akong pag asa sa kanya. It's the law. Purebloods are for Purebloods only. Sinclaires and Patridges were the perfect match.

I was a hopeless case.

I never dreamed of stealing her away. That was how selfless I am. I know the meaning of true love.

It meant letting the one you love go to be happy kahit na ikaw mismo ay hindi masaya, and then you have to face the pain after. No matter how hard it is.

I know Adrianna will be happy with Senri.

Her chinky eyes will always light up when their eyes lock with each other. Her mood was always up. She's always energetic and hyper. Without even using my ability, I know she is very much in love with him and him with her.

Girls always fall for the mysterious ones. I was an open book, still a hopeless case. But it was only a facade. The only one who can read me is my sister. We feel the same thing. I can never hide something from her.

She cracked my feelings for Adrianna so easily. It was me who was attracted, who wanted to be her best friend, who wanted to be around her 24/7. Carly went by the feeling because she saw Adrianna as a lovely girl too, she wanted to be friends with her. My sister did the job for me.

I was the first one who noticed Adrianna. I was the first one who saw her in the Academy. I was the one who told Carly Senri almost attacked someone because I saw him walking down the hall and I later smelled fear. I was the one who wanted to talk to her first. I was the first one who wanted to protect her.

But then, being the first in some things doesn't prove anything.

The only close contact I have with her was hugging her or when we have deep heart to heart talk shit. I'll do anything to make her happy. It pained me to help her out when Senri's ability phase came. I know she missed him.

So I decided to sneak her out on that rainy night just to see the love of her life.

Come to think of it, I'm always in pain. Emotional pain. I've learned to ignore it over the years for my sister's sake.

You never forget pain, you just get used to it.

When all the chaos started, I feared the day of losing her completely. I already lost her to Senri but on the bright side, somehow she's still with me. I hated loving a girl who was so numb. And here I was, learning to master by ability that involves the feelings of others. I can read her with just one look while I lay as an open book for her yet she doesn't get it. How ironic.

Adrianna is a handfull. I was still thankful that she considered me as one of her best friends, being her best friend meant that I crossed a lot of limits of being just friends. It meant that I can hug her whenever I want and Senri can't do anything about it because I was her 'best friend'. I'm Cain Woodsen, I'm huggable. 

Being best friends is better than being nothing.

I know I've crossed a lot of limits by being in love with her.

If Senri knew my side of being a creeper, he'd punch me.

I sometimes visit Adrianna's dorm room, but only for a few minutes. I was lucky if they leave the curtains open. I sometimes watch her sleep. It's like seeing Aydee sleep. I always miss Aydee whenever I look at Adri. I know how fucking twisted I am for thinking that she could replace her. But the again, she did. Stupid me.

I hated the fact that I am in love with her because she reminded me of Audrina.

I can't continue the love I had for Audrina. I saw Adrianna for who she was and I concluded that they were really different.

I will never stop loving Adrianna Walter.

If my love isn't what she needs then it's okay. I'm not the kind of guy who pours his heart out. I'd rather keep it with me than be empty.

If she's happy then I'm happy.

But the hope is still there. Hope is the only that's left for me. Adrianna Walter loving me back the way I want her will only stay as a fantasy.

There are times when we share random hugs... cruel thoughts will invade my mind as her scent invades my system.

I wish I participated in the race to win her heart. I wish I was cruel enough to steal her away from Senri. I wish I was selfish.