Better? | Zeus and Seige

Better?

It was half past eight. Seige's hands felt cold and clammy. She has been standing under the lamp post near the diner for almost ten minutes now, looks like her boyfriend is late. She didn't mind the wait, the free time is perfect for people watching at this hour and from where she's standing she can see the bustling of busy vampires and humans trying to squeeze in gift shoppings for the holidays this weekend.

It was fifteen minutes before nine when she saw a familiar face making his way through the crowd. Zeus Sinclaire quickly rushed over to where Seige was standing looking very apologetic, she would have laughed if she didn't want to tease him, but she kept a straight face. "You're late and I'm cold."

"I know. I'm sorry for making you wait." Zeus grabs Seige's freezing hands that were hidden behind the pocket of her hoodie to blow heat on it. "Better?" Zeus asked, spreading feather light kisses on Seige's hands.

"My lips are cold too."

It was exactly nine when Zeus kissed Seige. His lips lingered for a few seconds before he asked, "Better?"

It was a quarter past nine when Zeus and Seige strolled through the busy street and blinding lights with hands entwined.