The Playpen

The Playpen

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Mason asked Cain as he stared down Zeus Sinclaire's playpen.

"Of course it is," Cain smirked. "The kids get to bond and so do we, ayaw mo ba brother-in-law?"

Mason just rolled his eyes.

Suot nito ang isang baby carrier kung nasaan ang kambal nitong anak na si Enzo at Ezra.

Si Ezra ang nasa harap habang si Enzo naman sa likod.

Naka hawak lang si Enzo sa tenga ng ama nito while little Ezra is giggling while flailing her chubby arms.

Cain's son, Asher, was perched on his right side casually sucking on his pacifier that has a mustache on it.

It was ladies night out and Erised happens to be present kaya sinama ito ni Adrianna. So the men are stuck at Sinclaire Manor with the babies.

They all agreed giving their woman a night off is a good idea.

And they all wish no one cries tonight.

Gavin, who was standing silently by the door, gave Cain a pointed look. "I have a bad feeling about this, Woodsen."

"Oh come on, Gav. Not you too!" Cain complained. "It's not like it's their first time playing together."

"You're right but you seriously want to put them in a playpen? It's like putting gladiators in an arena while waiting for shit to go down."

"Did you just compare our babies to gladiators? And said shit in front of innocent ears? Grabe Gav. Idol talaga kita!" Cain laughed.

"It's going to be fine," Senri said as he enters the room with the currently milk drunk with bottled breast milk baby Zeus.

"Galing pa talaga sa'yo 'yan ha," Mason dryly comments.

"It's out duty not to let shit go down," Senri smirked and gave Gavin a look.

"You two are wussies," asar ni Cain kay Gavin at Mason. "Kaya natin 'to! It's only for a few hours."

Senri opens one side of the playpen. May mga laruan na ito sa loob na puro pag aari ni Zeus. "So, what are you waiting for?"

Gavin sighed and finally enters the room. Naka yakap sa leeg nito ang mukhang manikang si Flame, tahimik na tinitignan silang lahat.

"Papa!" Little Zeus exclaimed as Senri fixed the toys.

Napa ngiti naman si Senri sa sinabi nito. "He just learned how to call me so he keeps saying it." He proudly stated.

"Bet Adri's jealous," Mason chuckles as he unstrapped the carrier.

"She is."

Binaba na ni Senri si Zeus sa pen and the little guy crawled like a pro in his domain. Naka onesie ito katulad ni Ash but Asher's wearing his panda one.

Sumunod na ang kambal. Dahan dahan namang binaba ni Gavin si Flame sa mat.

"Play your heart out buddy," Cain kissed Asher's cheek before he placed him next to Flame.

The kids pretty much did their thing after that.

They all did their thing and played too.

Half of Cain's body is lying on the bed as Enzo crawled over him.

Si Ezra naman kung anu-anong laruan ang dinadala kay Gavin at tinatanggap naman nito lahat.

Flame quietly sat next to her Daddy while figuring out how to put the right shape in the whole.

Si Asher ay nasa gitna ng hita ni Mason at naka focus ang dalawa sa isang libro.

While Zeus is poking with Senri's face habang tawa ng tawa.

The kids' laughter was music to their ears.

If only it could stay like that for the rest of the night.

"They're not going to a pub right?" Gavin asked as they kept the babies occupied.

"Carly didn't say anything" Mason answered.

"They're probably in a resto talking about how we're doing here and guessing who's going to have the hardest time." Senri grins.

"All for one, mates!" Cain laughs. "Walang laglagan dapat when they ask what happened"

Mason reaches for Enzo who's crawling to him now. "I bet Vera is going to call first"

Si Asher naman ang pumalit sa pwesto ni Enzo sa dibdib ni Cain.

Asher's fists started thumping on Cain's chest and he over dramatically acts hurt that made Asher burts in a fit of giggles.

They all placed their bets on who's going to call first to check on them.

Cain placed his bet on Adri like Senri did and turns out they're right.

Senri shakes his head as he answers his phone, turning it on loud speaker. "Hey princess"

"Sen? How's everything? Are the kids okay?" Sunod sunod na tanong nito at biglang umeksena naman ang boses ni Carly bago pa makasagot si Senri.

"Is Mason crying yet?!"

It was followed by laughter from the line while Mason just shook his head.

"Everything's fine and no, Mason is not crying yet" Sen answered. "We put them inside the playpen."

"That's a great idea"

Cain smiles in truimph and he mouths "Oh diba?" to Gavin and Mason.

"How's my baby?" Singit naman ng boses ni Vera.

Flame perks up when she hear her Mom's voice. She then cranes her head to her Dad as if asking "Is that Mommy?".

"She's fine, Vander. Chill out." Was Gavin's calm answer.

Next came Erised's voice. "I have total faith in you, Woodsen."

"I know what to do, Commander! I won't embarrass you!" Cain yells back matching it with a mock salute even if she can't see it.

"Where's my little prince?" It's Adri's voice again.

"He's currently looking at me. I think he knows I'm talking to you---"

And the first cry of the night came from the corner of the mat which made them all stop.

"What was that? What happened? Sinong umiiyak?" Sunod sunod muling tanong ni Adri.

"It's Asher," Senri laughed in spite of the situation.

Cain couldn't help but laugh too. Kahit na nakakaawa ang anak niya. The situation just reminded him of back when they were kids.

Asher is wailing on his back with his pacifier now in Ezra's mouth who's innocently sucking on it as if she never stole it from her cousin.