Flamethrower

Flamethrower

Zeus, Asher, Flame, Enzo, and Ezra were at it again.

Dahil malawak ang lupain ng Rosehill, marami silang mapagtataguan. It was down to Zeus and Ezra again. Ito na naman ang taya at siya na naman ang huli nitong hinahanap.

Zeus waited for more than an hour, when the coast was clear, lumabas na rin siya. He met the sulking Ezra by the gazebo.

Si Flame, Asher, and Enzo ay may iba nang pinagkakaabalahan.

"You cheated" Ezra accused, her chubby cheeks puffing.

"I did not," Zeus smirked. Hindi naman kasi talaga. Once na sumuko ito sa pag hahanap sa kanya, it's an automatic win for him and he's won this game more than anyone did.

"Congrats. Again." Cassandra Flame said as she passed by them. Nginitian lang ito ni Zeus.

She's now hugging a blanket, ready to bask in the sun. "Asher come on!"

"Wait a second," Asher replied as he laughed at Enzo's failed attempt to dribble a soccer ball with his feet.

"Hindi ganyan, ganito dapat!"

"That's boring," Ezra huffed. "Let's play something else. And Asher stop talking, ang pangit mo mag salita"

"I don't want to play anymore," Flame frowned. Gusto na nitong magpahinga sa rose garden at hinihintay nalang si Asher.

"Why can't we be just like other kids and play in the playroom or watch tv, go swimming or something..." Ezra trailed, still scowling.

"Because we're not like other kids," Zeus looks at Ezra. "We're special like Papa said"

And they all get bored easily. They have to keep themselves occupied or they will be bored out of their minds.

"Except for Ash," snorted Ezra before bellowing to the two boys "Quit playing ball and let's do something else!"

They finally moved the party to the rose garden where they saw something they haven't seen before. Naturally, lalapitan nilang lahat ito.

"What is it?" Ezra asked out of curiosity.

"What does it do?" Tanong din ni Asher.

"It looks heavy" Enzo frowned.

"It looks like a gun, a very big and weird gun" Zeus said.

"It looks dangerous" Flame looks at all of them. The look enough was a warning.

"I like it," Asher grins wickedly. "It won't be heavy if we all lift it"

"I have a bad feeling about this," Flame said out loud. "Can't we just sit down and enjoy the sun?"

"That's boring, Redhead. Guys come on let's lift it and see what it does!"

Tahimik lang si Zeus but he agrees with Flame. Pero curious rin siya kung ano ba talaga ang nagagawa ng nahanap nila. Why would a dangerous looking thing be lying around in the garden in broad daylight? Kung sino man ang naka iwan nito will definitely get in trouble.

Asher and Enzo started lifting it while Ezra inspected the tip. She was dangerously close to it kaya pinaalis ito ni Flame.

Sumunod naman si Ezra and stood beside her best friend.

Naka tingin lang si Zeus kahit na curious siya. If they get in trouble he can say na hindi niya ito hinawakan and be off the hook.

It took time to figure out how it works and when they did iisa lang ang nasabi nila.

"COOL!"

A burst of fire explodes from the tip of the gun like a mechanical fire breathing dragon.

"This is awesome!" Asher exclaimed excitedly as he jumps. Tinapat nila ni Enzo ang fire gun sa isang rose bush and fired. Agad itong kinain ng apoy at mabilis ring nadamay ang mga katabi nitong bushes.

"Ugh..." Flame tried to get the two boys' attention. "I think that's enough"

"Don't be a downer, Cassandra. It looks awesome!" Ezra jumps, her attention soley focused on the fire swiftly incinerating bushes.

Flame turns her gaze to Zeus then she gestures to the three trouble makers. "Want to try stopping them?"

Before Zeus could even try. May isang boses nang nagpatigil sa kanila.

"PUT THAT DOWN!"

Carly Heath, Ezra and Enzo's Mom, rushed to them and swiftly took the fire gun from Asher and Enzo.

Napa atras silang lahat when she summoned water and controlled it to put out the fire.

They automatically lined up by age, knowing what's coming next when she's done.

"Saan n'yo nakuha 'to?" Carly Heath bellowed.

"It was lying on the ground," Enzo spoke first.

"Yeah, Mom." Dagdag naman ng kambal nito.

"We don't know what it was so we got curious," Asher pouted, trying his best to act cute.

"I tried to stop them," Flame crossed her arms over her chest. "They wouldn't listen to me"

Carly's eyes landed on Zeus wanting to hear what he has to say.

"I didn't touch it"

Carly sighed. "Kids, you could've burned half of the forest with this thing," inangat nito ang fire gun. "Next time don't touch equipments you're not familiar with okay?"

They all nod and say "Sorry. It won't happen again" like they were taught to do.

"Is that it, Mommy?" Ezra ask hopefully.

Zeus felt hopeful too. It would be good if they won't get grounded.

"No," iling ni Carly. "You guys need a time out. Get inside"

As they walk inside, Asher popped an important question.

"Auntie Carly," he called drawling out his perfect accent. "The thing we played with, what's it called?"

"A flamethrower"

It took only a second for Zeus to figure out Asher's wicked plan with the smile he sent to Flame's way.

The next day, Asher is not over the flamethrower na naka tago na kung saan. Hindi na nila hinanap ito because it's clear they're going to get grounded once they did.

Nasa labas na naman sila after their afternoon nap. They decided to have a water gun war until Asher opened the topic.

"So, a flamethrower"

"Sabi ni Dad tinago na niya," Ezra said. "Bawal daw natin hanapin. Napagalitan din siya ni Mommy kasi siya pala nag iwan non"

"It's in the shed," snorted Enzo. "Every dangerous weapon is always in the shed."

"Hindi naman natin hahanapin," Asher exclaimed with a evil glim in his eyes.

Flame, who was awefully quiet before, shot him daggers and said flat out "No"

Flame and Ash sometimes had this weird telephathy thing only they could understand. They'd sometimes just look at each other and know what the other is thinking.

Hindi pa man sinasabi ni Ash ang plano nito, Flame already had an answer to it.

"Oh come on it's going to be fun!" Asher tried to convince his best friend.

Ezra, who looks lost, stared at the two. "What's going to be fun?"

"We're going to throw Flame!"

Long story short, nakumbinsi rin ni Ash si Flame and they took turns trying to throw and catch her.

Until they were stopped. Again.

And they were sent inside for a time out. Again.