Warmth | Cain and Carly

Warmth

"Did you see that this was going to happen?"

Carly only smiled and kept her eyes on the window. After grueling hours of screaming and pushing, narealize niyang nakakamiss din palang manuod ng pag lubog ng araw. They've been so busy preparing for everything to the point na hindi na nakaligtaan na niyang i-appreciate ang maliliit na bagay. Tulad nito, ngayon, she appreciated Cain's presence more than ever.

Cain was leaning by the door, smiling at his twin, looking incredibly proud.

"You know hindi ko gustong i-spoil ang buhay ko," Carly chuckled as she answered. But Cain already knows she did.

Lumapit si Cain at nakitingin din sa labas ng bintana, usisero talaga. "But you saw it, right? You saw this happening?"

Matagal na niyang tinatanong si Carly if she ever saw a vision tungkol sa mangyayari ngayon. Hindi lang siya sinasagot ni Carls para daw walang spoilers. Tinanong niya ulit kasi ito na ang chance niya, ramdam niya eh.

Cain felt it. The immense happiness was practically radiating out of his twin. But instead of a laugh, Carly answered with a calm smile. "I saw them," she said. "I saw them before I knew I was pregnant."

"It wasn't a vision but a dream." Carly closed her eyes looking back at that one fateful night. "I heard a voice of a little girl and a little boy, they were laughing, Cain."

A lone tear fell from Carly's eyes. "And then they said they couldn't wait to meet me." she looked up at her taller twin. "Ayoko pang umasa noon na dalawa sila until Senri confirmed it."

Carly shifted her eyes to the bassinet where Enzo and Ezra were fast asleep after all the crying. Isang tingin niya lang sa dalawa parang nawala lahat ng pagod at hirap na pinagdaanan niya.

Cain felt it again. The lingering sadness that was always there and he knew what it's about. "You know, kambal," Cain started. "You're going to be a great mom."

"Hindi mo pa 'yan masasabi kasi kakapanganak ko palang, no."

"Oo nga, but you prepared for this. Alam ko naman na no vision can tell if you're going to be a great mom or not pero knowing you, Carls, you're gonna nail it."

Umiling lang si Carly. She knew Cain is trying to lift her up. Alam niyang kahit gaano ka pa ka-prepared, parenting always comes with surprises.

Carly sighed, turning her eyes back to the window. "You're going to have your own soon."

Cain grinned. "Yeah."

He might look proud and confident but deep down kinakabahan si Cain. It wasn't an easy journey for him and his wife, kahit nga ngayon may worries parin siya. Hindi na siguro mawawala 'yon hanggang sa mahawakan na niya ang anak niya.

"Nakita mo na ba siya?" He asked calmy.

In that moment Carly looks up at her twin again, but this time she felt a halo of warmth around him. Just like the feeling she felt when she saw him.

She saw a simple hue of icy blue in that vision. But the warm feeling was the one that struck her, that little flick of color really made its presence known, it clung to her until the moment she woke up. It brought her comfort, ibang feeling noong nakita niya si Enzo at Ezra.

"Did you see what he looks like?" Cain asked again.

Carly shook her head. Instead she reached for his hand to make him feel it. The vision and the feeling that came with it.

"He's going to be a good kid, Cain. You don't have to worry."

Cain held on to Carly's hand with both of his, pressing it on his forehead as he felt the warmth hug him. This feeling... this feeling was from him. From his son.

This warmth was like a flicker of hope.

Sa daming feelings and emotions na naramdaman ni Cain from other people and his own because of his ability... nothing could compare to this. It was like the moment he first laid his hand on his wife's stomach after finding out something was growing in there,
and all the moments that followed after it, hoping and cheering for that weak little heartbeat that kept on fighting.

"You big baby! Why are you crying?" Carly teased in spite of her own tears. She rubbed Cain's head using her free hand as he cried.

My Asher. I can't wait to meet you.