Episode 10: Get Out And See The World

[A Day Later- Hoin]

[A Day Later- Hoin]

I stared at the books on the table. There had to be at least a hundred or so of them. They were all on my list of top books.

"Which do I take?" I asked myself, picking one up. It was about the legendary founding of Tora. According to the writer, Tora was founded by a pair of god-like beings from another plane of existence.

I put it into my bag and stared back at the multiple stacks of books. I could only bring a limited amount of them with me. If only I had a hyper ring to store them all inside.

"Hey, what are you doing, little bro?" a voice called out.

I glanced up. A brown-haired young man walked through the giant doors leading to the library.

"Brother!"

"What's with all those books?" he asked, striding over to me.

I sat down on a chair and sighed. "I'm trying to decide which ones to take. I like them all, so it's hard."

He placed his hand on a text about poisons. Big brother loved learning about them. He dreamed of becoming the best poison and venom specialist in the entire universe one day.

"You know, there are a lot of books in Nine Petal for you to read."

"I know, you told me that, but I like these."

"If you can't decide, just pick them up randomly." He grabbed nine of them and handed them over to me. "Now, you can go. Koukyuu and the rest of the students going to Wahkan for the exam are here."

I gulped. "A-already?'

He raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong, little bro? Don't tell me that you're getting cold feet."

I put my hand down on the books in front of me. "To be honest, I'm not sure if I should go. Maybe I should wait until next year."

"What? You skipped two grades but want to take a year off? If I were you, I would just get it over with." He scratched his face and laughed. "It's actually kind of embarrassing to think that my little brother will only be a grade below me."

I averted my gaze. "Can't I be homeschooled? Or have a private tutor?"

Brother pulled up the chair across from me and sat down. "Jude, you can't stay indoors forever."

I lifted up the hood of my coat. "And why not? It's comfy inside."

He laughed. "That it is, but this is only a small portion of the world. I don't want it to be all that you experience. I'm sure Dad would tell you the same thing if he were here!"

I looked up at him. "Easy for you to say. You don't get tongue-tied when talking to strangers."

Brother patted my head. "You'll have me around."