Episode 76: Phoenix's Pride

I took a deep breath as I stared at my phone

I took a deep breath as I stared at my phone. Yen had texted me that Mr. Suzuran had let Hal take charge of fixing Lei's prana flow. Didn't he know we were in a rush? I could delay, but for how long?

"We will now begin with the semi-final matches! We have something a bit special, given there are six rather than four semi-finalists," Marina said. A giant spinning wheel with our names appeared overhead on the screen. "The first participant!" The wheel spun and landed on my name. "And the second!" It spun again.

If it were to land on Lei, what would I do? Could I ask them to push it aside?

It curled to a halt on my brother's name.

"No!"

"Kun versus Lei, a match between brothers! Come on forth!"

"Wait," I yelled, flying over to her. "My brother's not here yet. He's getting some treatment as his prana's been acting strangely as of late. Can we push our match last?"

Marina put a hand on her chin. "We did that during the first round, so I think we can." She smiled. "In that case, let's move to the second match. It'll help us determine who the last match-up is too. Spin, wheel!"

The wheel spun and landed on Adela's name. It spun again and landed on Aria. Seems it's the High Priestess of Xian versus the Scion of the Arma clan!"

I turned to look at Aria. She faded in a beam of light and reappeared beside me.

"It seems my opponent isn't here yet, either," Aria said.

"Hmm, that's worrying," Marina said.

"Nor is mine," Ayawamat said, walking over to us. He smiled. "So maybe we should shuffle the cards a little."

Marina's eyes gleamed. "That's a good idea!"

"No need. We're here," Adela said as she ran toward us with Nyima not too far behind.

Ayawamat sighed. "I was looking forward to fighting my cousin's associates."

I swung my hands behind my head and grinned. "Well, I certainly wouldn't have minded fighting you. Would've given me another chance to beat you up for what you did to my dear brother."

Adela sighed. "Too bad I didn't get to fight him either."

Ayawamat shook his head. "A pair of vengeful spirits you are. I thought that the Xian were taught not to hold grudges."

Adela grumbled. 

He got us there.

"Then, without further ado, let's begin the match between you and Aria," Marina said, grinning.

Adela nodded.