Episode 91: Sun vs. Storm

I smiled as Lei stood opposite me

I smiled as Lei stood opposite me. The day of our battle had finally arrived.

"Ready?" he asked, grinning.

I chuckled. "Of course. Let's see which of us two makes it to the semi-finals."

"Seems both our contestants are rearing to go! Without further adieu, begin!" Marina yelled.

"Yeah!" Electricity surged toward Lei's legs. The ground underfoot crackled as he leaped at me. 

I quickly dodged his attack and formed spheres of water to absorb any long-range lightning spells.

He smirked. "You dodged."

I scoffed. "I've been training for that." Thankfully, Xue sparred with me during the past two days. She was the only person fast enough that I could ask to spar with me. Asking Kun and Yen would've been awkward. And Adela had been busy trying to hatch her phoenix.

My hands glowed blue. Cyan orbs appeared on both sides of me. With a flick of my wrists, they shot forward in unison, smashing into him before he could even react. He grunted as electricity filled the air around him. His eyes widened as more of the cyan balls came flying at him.

A wave of electricity radiated from his body, pushing them away.

He smirked. "You sure are going all out early this time."

I laughed. "Well, not like I need to buy time for a certain honey-loving boy."

His face turned red. "Thanks for that. I'll repay you later."

"Maybe another carrot dish?"

He smiled as he surged at me. "Alright."

I grinned. "Deal."

Lei stopped all of a sudden and cupped his hands. Wait, was he going to use Ventus Draco Maxima? Or maybe something else?

The electricity around him rushed into his arms.

No, not Ventus, but Fulgur!

Lei smirked as he spun around and summoned his wand.

Wait, why did he summon his wand for? Was his control of it still not perfect? He did seem to struggle with his aim last year. That's one thing that Alto had going for him beyond just raw power.

"Aqua Sphera!" I yelled. Water erupted from my hand. It flew towards Lei who managed to dodge it by ejecting air from underneath his right foot, propelling him skyward. A second sphere followed after him.

He held his wand out, blocking it.

Since when could he do that?

I scoffed. Well, he wasn't the only one with fancy new wand-based techniques. I summoned my wand and transformed it into its pudao form.

"Gonna use that umbrella transformation technique now?" Lei asked as he swatted the sphere at me. It didn't hit me directly but rather struck a pillar behind me.