Episode 33: Divine Blood

I smiled as ice ran up Ulissis's arms

"Checkmate!" I said, panting. My breath was visible due to the coldness of my surroundings. Ice had gathered around me.

Uli panted but he continued to stand his ground.

I needed to end it now. My wand appeared in my hand and transformed into its fan form. "Frozen Slash!"

He tried to dodge, but he soon found himself falling to his knees as the ice that glued him to the ground tripped him up. Uli winced as I slashed his side lightly. He gritted his teeth and pointed a hand at me. "Lux!"

My eyes widened as a light beam hit me, sending me flying back.

What, he could use magic? I thought he was only an anti-mage.

Ulissis blasted the ice shackles with his tiny lasers. A smirk covered his face as he looked up at me."You thought that I was done for, huh? Sadly for you, I am barely beginning!" He dashed at me and hit me with a fist to the chin, sending me flying toward the ceiling.

I gritted my teeth. "Glacies Alas!" Thin wings made out of panels of ice emerged from my back. With a single flap of my new icy appendages, a blizzard roared, covering Ulissis in snow.

My eyes widened as multiple rays of light burst out of the mound of white powder.

"Is that the only spell you know?" I yelled. "It's only a basic light spell!"

Ulissis smiled as he dashed toward me. "Maybe, but it's one I've been refining all summer! Lux!" He swung his hand up, causing light to erupt from the ground.

I leaped back and formed a single ice mirror. The light flung back at Ulissis as soon as it struck my spell.

Ulissis's jumped out of the way and watch as the beams of light tore through what remained of my giant ice spikes.

I smiled and swung my arms forward. Ice spikes formed around me and flew straight at him.

Ulissis bit his lip and ducked. Much to his shock, the icicles swung back around.

"Lux!" Another burst of light exploded out of his hands, destroying the ice.

I clicked my tongue and slammed my hands against the ground. Ulissis had gotten a lot stronger over the winter break, but so had I! Spikes of ice erupted from the ground in the shape of a crocodile's jaw.

Ulissis's eyes grew to the size of golf balls at the sheer size. Even I was amazed. I must've grown stronger than I'd thought.

He gulped and slammed his hands against the ground, yelling Lux once more. I watched as he failed to shatter even a single tooth of the paused spell.

Why had my magic grown sturdier all of a sudden? It should've weakened, if anything, due to the strain on my body.

"Are you going to finish him off or not?" a voice echoed in my head. "Or did I lend you some of my power for nothing?"