Episode 52: Learning

"All done!" I said, wiping my forehead with the back of my hands

"All done!" I said, wiping my forehead with the back of my hands. Well, mostly. There were some touch-ups that I would've liked to have made but lacked the material to do so.

Sarah walked over to me with the help of her crutches.

"Need help?" I asked, offering my hands.

She shook her head and continued forward.

I sighed. The princess was still the same as always. Thought that she had been humbled, but perhaps I was wrong.

The princess smiled as she sat down and loosened her hold on the crutches. I stepped forward and took them from her.

"Take it for a spin."

Sarah nodded and wheeled toward the door, but Tammy walked in before she could get out.

Tammy jumped and sidestepped her.

Sarah held out her hand as if to apologize.

"Oh, Tammy! Could you teach Sarah that hand sign thing you do?" I asked.

She held a hand up and did a sign, tilting he head afterward.

"Yeah, that."

The silver-haired girl nodded repeatedly.

Sarah seemed to sigh. Did she not like the idea?

"You can't say no, Sarah! I appreciate your independent streak, but you should depend more on others. It's not weakness to do so."

She looked away and nodded.

I smiled. "So, you'll let Tammy teach you?"

Sarah turned to look at her. Her gaze lingered for a while before she finally nodded.

"Great! Tammy, I leave her in your hands." I sat down in my bed and watched as Tamara rummaged around her purse before taking out her phone. She held it out and typed away like Sarah sometimes did.

"Let's start with the basics. Just hold on a second. I need to get everything put together," Tammy wrote in her phone.

Sarah turned to look at me and grabbed her tablet from the bag on the back of her chair. She typed up something as Tammy wrote up her lesson.

"Thanks for the help, Lidia. I'm not sure if this would help, though. Considering how few would understand. That said, I think you should talk to Ning. You did wish to meet her, right?" Sarah wrote on her device.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Vermeil told me. I'm not close to her. In fact, Ning dislikes me, but I don't think she will treat you badly just because of our friendship."

I smiled. "I see. I'll pay her a visit later. For now, let's learn Tammy's hand language."

Tamara smiled and made a sign that looked like a question mark.