Episode 79: Brawl in the Halls

*???*

I entered a dark room except for one corner lit up by several monitors. A red-haired man's crimson eyes were focused on one screen in particular. That of Mr. Suzuran's classroom.

"Seems that brat's about to finish being healed." He eyed the match between two of the second-year transfer students. "Go and intercept him, Agent Zero."

I bit my lip.

He turned his chair to me. "What's wrong?"

"It's still daylight."

He chuckled. "What? Afraid of a little sunlight?"

"I've only managed to maintain my identity hidden for this long because of the darkness, Sir."

My liege tapped his chin. "True. Perhaps I should send another. One who has less to lose." He sighed. "But who? Hmm, maybe I could bait Burai to do so."

I furrowed my brow. "Bait him?"

"Yeah, he just needs to be offered something like a trip to McDaisy's. Get him a kid meal and he'll be over all three moons."

"Huh. I knew he had a childlike cheer to him, but didn't imagine he was that childish."

He laughed. "As his childhood friend, I thought you would've noticed. That boy has remained rather consistent. The only aspect of him that has developed is his power." He took out his phone and began typing away.

"Is it alright to use him like this, Lord Akinari?"

"You did not want to do it, so he's the next best thing." He sighed. "If only Yuuto hadn't turned on me like the others. At least he's kept quiet about my true identity." He smirked. "Maggie bred those tanuki well."

My eyes widened. "Bred them?"

"It's a long story."

"I see." I turned my back to him.

"Going to go watch the matches in person?"

"Something like that," I said as the metal doors swung open.

"There! All done!" Hal said, grinning as he let go of me.

"Really?" Yen asked, smiling.

Sarah let out a sigh. Ny and Aya's match was still only beginning so as long as one didn't suddenly deliver a knockout punch, we should make it on time.

"Would you kids like me to-" Mr. Suzuran said until his phone rang. "Hmm, Mr. Obi? That's odd. Why would he call me? I should probably take this call before he gets mad. Wait here. I'll teleport you as soon as it's over."

"That's alright!" I said, jumping to my feet. "I can there on my own."

"But you don't have a teleportation license."