Episode 92: Storm Surge!

I smiled at Nyima

I smiled at Nyima. How would she get out of this one now? Well, not that I would wait to find out. It was best to end things here. Else I would end up losing as Yen did.

My eyes widened as beams of light shot out of Nyima's umbrella-lance, breaking apart my electric chains.

I gripped my butterfly knife and flew closer to her. Had to be wary of those beams, or else that might be it for me.

Nyima raised her umbrella, dispersing her beams as I came within range. She smirked and stepped back, paring my knife with her wand weapon.

"How do you do it? Moving despite my spell's paralysis effect?"

"You aren't the only one with sheer willpower," she said, spinning. 

I pulled back my knife to avoid getting hit by her umbrella as she spun back around.

"Playing it safe isn't your style, Lei!" she said as she threw her umbrella into the air. Her body was covered in a light red glow. Was that how she was overpowering the paralysis effect?

I smiled. "You're right, but I also know you're baiting me." I struck the ground with my knife and warped repeatedly between the two. The prana use for this technique was incredibly low, allowing me to spam it repeatedly.

Nyima caught her umbrella and stepped back, likely to get a better view and avoid any incoming attack from either direction.

I smirked and picked up one of the knives after warping, throwing it at her.

Nyima swatted it away.

I popped up in the air directly over the knife, catching it.

"Tsk," Ny said, narrowing her eyes at me. "Is that how you plan on winning?"

I shrugged. "Why not?"

She raised her umbrella up at me. "Seems a tad cheap if you ask me!" A wave of water droplets flew up at me.

My wand glowed cyan as it instantly formed a blue barrier around me. The bullets were absorbed into it.

"It mimics my Aqua Scutum," Nyima said as she condensed more red prana into her arms and legs.

I grinned. "Yeah, it's thanks to you that I got this ability."

Her cheeks reddened.

She ran up to the barrier, punching it. Energy gushed out of it, flinging her a few feet back. She quickly caught herself and threw her umbrella into the air once more.

"You're not the only one who can use spells from a distance, you know."

I smiled as I floated above the ground. This time I didn't even bother trying to dodge the droplets being thrown at me. Instead, making another blue barrier to absorb them. The droplets surely would've hurt if they hit me thanks to their speed, but the prana content was too low to break through my special defense.