Episode 37: Sibling Resolve

[Meanwhile]

[Meanwhile]

Jude came to a stop, pressed his back against a wall, and slumped to the floor.

An armored figure and a green haired-girl stood in front of him. Mira I think was the name of the armored figure, and Ling was the other girl.

"What's wrong, Jude?" Mira asked. "Why did you run off all of a sudden?"

My brother pressed his forehead against his knees. "I... I needed to get away."

Mira patted his hand. "From what?"

"M-my memories."

"Your memories?" Ling asked, furrowing her brow.

"Y-yeah. M-memories I r-rather forget w-were coming back to me."

Ling gulped. "You must be similar to my brother."

Jude looked up. "Y-your brother?"

She scratched her head angrily. "Yeah, his name is Renshu. He also had to deal with bullying. That guy would put on a cheerful face, but I knew something had happened. When confronted he got sad. Like you, he didn't want to face the reality."

Ling's Renshu's sister? That's why she looked familiar when we first met!

"S-should I? W-would that make the scary f-faces leave me alone?"

Mira glanced at Ling who took a deep breath. They were probably trying to think of what to say next.

I curled my hands into fists. There wasn't much I could say to help him feel better either. If only I had come sooner that day...

***

{Six Years Ago]

My eyes widened as a crowd of fourth graders surrounded something, or rather someone. They were screaming stuff such as "Keep at it!", "Hit the brat harder", "Teach him a lesson!"

I ran forward. "What are you guys doing?" I snapped.

The kids turned around. Their face turned pale as soon as they saw me.

"It's his brother! Run!" one of the kids yelled, running away.

My eyes widened. I ran forward and watched a girl drop a boy and run for it. The kid's face was drenched in his own blood.

I held my hand forward. Wires sprung forth, causing the girl to come to stop.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked as I cradled the blond-haired boy in one arm.

The girl turned around and laughed nervously. "Home."

I shot her a glare and grasped her by the neck, slamming her up against the wall. "You think that I'll allow you to go home after what you did to my little brother."