Episode 109: What Kind of Game?

*Carter*

"So what carnival games are we gonna do?" I asked as me and my class sat around a table in the library. For the rest of the week, we didn't have classes. It all culminated with the spring festival! Which just so happened to also coincide with the birthday of the Lan triplets.

"Hmm, maybe something traditional to this country?" Aurelius asked.

I hummed. My knowledge of Kyuu Seishin was probably the worst of the lot.

"There might be a lot of that from the native students doing stalls, though," Mira said.

"Yeah, we don't want to do the same exact thing as the others," Lidia said.

"W-we should probably investigate the other groups," Jude mumbled.

"That's a good idea! Let's go on a spy mission!"

Huo grumbled. "Let Jude take care of it if it's meant to be incognito. You'll just ruin things."

I pouted.

Lidia chuckled. "I don't think it's a spy mission, right?"

Jude blinked.

"Eh?! You actually plan to go undercover?"

Jude nodded.

"Why not just talk to them?" Aurelius asked, smiling. "Think that'll be better, won't it?"

Ling shrugged. "I'm not sure. I mean, the Kyuu Seishinians might not be as openly hostile to us as they were when my brother was our age, but that doesn't mean they'll receive us with open arms. They might think we're trying to poach ideas."

"Good point," Nat said.

"But we're not," Kanja said, standing up from her seat. 

"Then talking to them will be like killing two birds with one stone!" Aurelius said, grinning.

Tammy smiled and nodded, holding out her tablet. 'Let's gain their trust!'

Ling sighed. "You two are being too optimistic. I'll just stay back here and come up with ideas while the rest of you deal with the socializing." She turned back to her laptop.

"Same," Huo said, sinking into his seat.

"I'll go! I love talking!" I said, standing up.

Huoyin rolled his eyes. "We know..."

I smiled and waved. "Good!"

Kanja sighed for some reason.

"Cart, I do think you should try being more quiet," Mira said as all of us minus Li, Nat, and Huo exited the room.

"I agree," Au said.

"Hmm? Why did Nat stay back?" I asked, turning around to see him still seated between Li and Huo.

"My guess is in case anything goes bad," Kanja said.

Lidi smiled. "It's why I came. Otherwise, I wouldn't feel good leaving Huo alone. Li can be kind of rude."

"Huo too," I said, swinging my hands behind my head.

"Really? I think he's a nice guy," someone said. We turned and saw the usually shy boy from dance class. He pulled the rolled up cardboard in his arms close to his face.

Lidia smiled. "He is once one gets to know him better."

I shrugged. "I don't think we'll ever get along."

"Who knows. You do have similarities," Au said.

"Like dancing?" the shy boy said, barely audible.

"You got a point there. Ugh, but that just makes us rivals!"