Episode 87: Silk

*Shiromaru*

Tahoma jumped as he stepped out of the dorm and noticed me.

"Uh, how long have you been sitting there?" he asked, turned rightward.

I chuckled. "Not too long. Remember that payment for the mask? I'll like to charge it right now."

He crossed his arms. "And what do you want in return?"

I smirked and held out a piece of paper with calculations of how much I would need. "This amount of silk."

"Silk? Hmm, I could get my cousin to do it."

I laughed. "That's what I was hoping for."

Tahoma sighed. "But I'm not sure if he'll do it. He can be a stubborn one."

I smirked. "Like you?"

"Touche."

I rose from the ground. "So, is he here? I sort of need the silk so I can get started on my project."

"I'll go see. That said, why didn't you enter?"

I shrugged. "Needed to do the calculations first."

"Say, was your plan always to ask for me to repay the favor?"

I scratched my face and smiled nervously. "Well, I did think of finding a bunch of silkworms in the forest."

"It's not the season for silkworms yet, you know that, right?"

I sighed. "Yeah. But I need to make some special for Burai. His birthday's coming up soon. Plus, ever since yesterday, the tension at our dorm has been intense."

Tahoma smiled. "Makes me glad that I opted not to join your dorm after all."

"It was your old dorm, to begin with," I said.

"True."

I smiled. "You decided to come here to be a bit closer to Yuzuki, didn't you?"

His cheeks reddened. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." He opened the door and walked back in.

I snickered. For a pockerface, he sure couldn't hide his embarrassment well.

"Hey, Shiromaru!" Kun said, waving. He, Lei, Hikaru, Nate, Jude, Aurelius, and Wanikiya came from the direction of the girls' dorm. They must've been eating breakfast. That loud first-year, Carter, had the faint scent of fluffy bread when we passed each other. But, then why was Tahoma here? Did he not eat as well?

"Hey, Kun," I said, returning his fist bump.

"What brings you here?"

"I came to see if Ayawamat would help me get some silk."

"Good luck getting that guy to help you. Well, if you excuse me. I'm gonna give Huo and the grumpy cousins their food."

I snickered. "Grumpy cousins?"

He stopped and laughed. "Yeah. Taho and Aya. They're like twins!"

"Did someone say twins?" Tasunke and his brother said, popping out of thin air.

"Wahh! D-don't do that!" Hikaru snapped.

The twins bumped heads and laughed. "You get so easily scared, Hika!"

Hikaru sighed. "I know."

"Thought you didn't like others calling you that," Wanikiya said, chuckling.

"I don't, but if I tell them not to, they'll just do it more," Hikaru mumbled.

"Hika!" the twins said, giggling in unison.