19. {new girl}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

it was the first day of sophomore year; moonee and liam were perched on the mccall's porch - waiting for their ride. as they waited, liam filled her in on last night's events at the school.

"and why didn't scott tell me this himself?" moonee questioned as she rummaged through her backpack for a snack.

liam shrugged, "i thought he would've."

"he didn't." moonee said, "wait. you're seriously telling me theo raeken is back in town?"

"i guess, yeah." liam nodded, "bad past with him?"

"you could say that." moonee shrugged while handing liam an oats and honey granola bar.

"thanks. but go on..." liam urged.

"it's a long story." moonee dismissed.

"we've got time."

"you are so annoying." moonee rolled her eyes, "has anyone ever told you that?"

"you have." liam nodded, "multiple times."

"and don't ever forget that." moonee ordered. "what else happened with theo?"

"well... he's a werewolf and wants to be in scott's pack." liam added.

"he's a werewolf?" moonee asked, slightly taken aback.

"yeah." liam nodded.

"can't imagine that."

"you don't have to imagine. now i've answered your question, you should answer mine." liam stated.

"which is?" moonee asked.

"what happened with you and theo in the past?" liam queried.

"it's nothing, but-" moonee started.

the girl was cut off by the beeping of xan's car: a four-seater, silver ford focus. moonee grinned, got up to her feet and jogged over.

"hi, babe." xan greeted the girl through the rolled-down window.

liam watched as xan leant her head in through the space and xan kissed her cheek. the boy rolled his eyes, wondering how moonee was able to completely change around her girlfriend.