Epilogue

Epilogue

Previously: "Thank you, Nate."

Sometimes the greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in. The ones that sweep you off your feet and challenge every view you've ever had. This was exactly what happened with Nate and me. And I was loving every second of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smoothed the non-existent creases on my white sequin dress, my heart pitter-patting loudly against my chest. I turned slightly, checking my reflection in the full-length mirror in my room for the hundredth time. Or, to be more exact, Ashley's family's guest room. But they had insisted for me to call them family, and treat the house as my own home. I was so touched I'd almost cried. And not to mention ecstatic that Ashley had became like a real sister to me.

I sighed nervously, patting my straightened hair to check for any stray strands. Ashley had helped me straighten my hair, almost burning me in the process. I chuckled, and vaguely wondered who Ashley had decided to pick as her prom date. Was it Rick or Ethan? She had been all mysterious and sneaky, placing her finger over lips whenever I asked her.

But I didn't have to say who MY prom date was. He was the sweetest, most understanding, and the best boyfriend in school -- no, the entire world. Nate.

I couldn't help but smile at myself in the mirror at the thought of Nate. I felt beautiful at that moment. He had helped me fit back in at school, made everyone slowly change their views of me. I wasn't popular (if anything, Lilia and Yasmin were the ones competing with Kelly for prom queen), but I wasn't a social outcast. And I was more than grateful for that.

I heard a small knock at the door, before Ashley came in, quietly shutting the door behind her. I smiled widely at my new sister. She was absolutely stunning in her halter-neck sapphire dress, which was fitted tightly at her upper body, showing off her hour-glass figure, and ending in folds flowing down to her feet, making her look heavenly. I would probably have been jealous of her if I wasn't so happy myself.

"You look amazing," Ashley grinned at me.

"So do you," I grinned back, making her laugh.

"We're going to knock the boys out." She winked, walking over to me.

"When are you going to tell me who your date is?" I mock-complained, pouting as she smirked, lifting up her camera.

"Say cheese," she said, and I pouted as she snapped the picture. She turned the camera and looked at the screen, bursting out in laughter almost instantly.

I narrowed my eyes playfully. "Ashley..."

"Alright, alright," she pretended to sigh, "don't get your panties in a twist. Are you even wearing panties? Cos, you know, you and Nate might do it after prom..."

"Ashley!" Heat crept up my cheeks. Maybe we would make out, but Ashley didn't have to know. But I had a strong feeling she knew already anyway.

"Brad and I might do it, too," she shrugged casually, but I could tell she was waiting carefully for my reaction.

My eyes widened as my jaw dropped to the floor. How glamourous. "Brad?"

Ashley gave me a small smile. "Yeah, I..." She shrugged. "I really like him."

"Not Ethan, not Rick, but Brad?" I asked, still in disbelief. Then I quickly recovered. "I mean, of course I support you guys and all but I just thought..."

Ashley nodded. "Yeah, I thought I liked Ethan and Rick too, since they were the hot bad boys, and it was almost funny how they always fought for me, but..." She paused. "I realised that I like sweet, caring guys instead. Guys like Brad." She looked at me hesitantly. "You don't mind, do you? I mean, he liked you a lot before..."