Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Previously: "Lilia Johnson, please come up and accept your pink sheet. As of now, you will no longer be a member of the nerd club." Yasmin repeated. "I've thought it through already. As I said before, if Lilia leaves, I leave too. Come on, let's go." I replied, taking Lilia by the hand and leading her through the door of the club room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Lilia," I said, pulling her arm. "We're nerds. Who cares if we're kicked out? Not like many people actually care about nerds."

Lilia shook her head frantically. "No! I don't want to go in and face them!"

Them was the nerd club. Lilia was refusing to enter the cafeteria for lunch. She said that her pride was gone, insisting that the nerd club would look at her and whisper behind our backs. I mean, thirty-two people just found out that she had lost her virginity. And maybe even more. Not really something that anyone in their right mind would be proud of.

"They think of me as a slut now, don't they?" she moaned, burying her head in her hands.

"You know the nerds. They're nice people. I mean, one day we all have to lose our virginities, don't we? What, nerds are supposed to live their lives as sixty-year-old cat-ladies with a hundred and five cats?" I tried to reason. But Lilia just moaned louder.

A couple of people walking by looked towards us, shooting us curious glances. I tried my best to ignore them.

"Come on, Lilia. Let's just go and have lunch. I mean, almost all the girls in school aren't virgins. It's perfectly normal."

"The nerds are."

I groaned. "Why do you want to be a nerd so much? Come on, Lilia-or I'm going in without you. You'll be left all alone to face any nerds who see you." I threatened, taking a few steps towards the doors of the cafeteria to show her I meant it.

"No, no-wait!" Lilia squealed, grabbing my arm and pulling me back. She sighed in defeat. "Okay, okay. I'm going in."

I grinned. "That's my girl." I looped my arm around hers. Ever since we quit the club-well, technically, I quit it. Lilia got kicked out-I felt a whole lot freer. I had never known that the nerd club was so... tiring. Limiting. How to walk, how to behave, what to wear, and even how to open doors... why the hell would Lilia want to be back in the nerd club? But I've got to be twice as careful now-being a nerd made everyone think I was a virgin. They never suspected me for anything. But now... my late night job might even be found out.

"Hide my face," Lilia moaned, dragging her sneakers.

I rolled my eyes. "Just act normal. We'll just say we quit the nerd club, okay? Because we were tired of being nerds."

Lilia whimpered.

"Come on," I opened the door. A few people glanced at us, but then looked away. Unlike in storybooks, we didn't halt conversations nor drew all the attention. Everyone just continued on talking and eating, like everyday.

"See, Lilia?" I grinned triumphantly. Lilia was craning her neck, looking around nervously. Her eyes immediately went to find the nerds' table... and she froze.

"They're pointing at us, Abs." she whispered.

"Just lift your chin up and pretend you're fine." I felt like it was Déjà vu. I remembered repeating this over and over to myself after my first few times of being a stripper. I hadn't felt like stepping into school. I was paranoid that people had found out. I felt so dirty and cheap. I remembered scrubbing my body with soap hard, washing away all the 'dirt', especially after I had lost my virginity to a customer. I hadn't wanted to do it, but mom's health had suddenly deteriorated rapidly and needed a surgery. I was only fifteen, and I sold my virginity. It was the fastest way to earn a couple of thousands, a stunning amount. It had been to a wealthy man, anyway. Virginity sure didn't come cheap.