Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Previously: "Abigail, my life was merely parties and football practices before I met you. But after I did, my life just didn't seem so empty anymore. I find myself looking forward to going to school every morning to hear your goofy laugh that makes me smile. I'm serious about you Abby, so would you just give me the chance to--" Without thinking, I reached up and pressed my lips to his softly, surprising both him and myself. He wrapped his arms around me as I pulled away, a blush creeping up my face. I could feel my heart going at a thousand miles per hour. "Thank you," Nate smiled warmly, before continuing, "for bringing hope to my life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I squeezed my eyes shut, but the tears just kept coming. Jeez, I was being such a drama queen. But I had never expected that... Or had I never dared to?

"Shit, Abby," I heard Nate's panicky voice. "Don't cry. Oh, what do I do with a crying girl?" He joked lightly, but I could hear the slight worry in his voice. After all, I hadn't given him my response to his huge confession.

I laughed, opening my eyes. "That," I choked back a sob, "was the most touching thing anyone has ever said to me."

And what I did next was so completely unlike me that I shocked even myself.

I flung myself onto Nate, hugging his waist so tightly as if he would disappear into thin air the next moment. My heart felt like it was going to burst with joy. I could feel it thumping loudly, and when I placed my head against Nate's hard chest, I could hear his too. His was beating hard, as his strong arms hugged me back.

Oh, my god, I don't think I ever liked anyone as much as him. Apart maybe from my mom. My mom... And it just had to remind me of what I was doing for her.

It would only be a matter of time before Nate found out that I was a stripper.

My heart sank, and my grip on Nate's body loosened.

"Abby?" I could hear the question in Nate's voice. I guess he could tell the abrupt shift in my emotions.

I forced a smile. "Yeah?" I looked up into his face, and his eyes met mine. His earnest eyes, that sucked me into a whirlpool every time, almost as if he he was baring all his secrets to me. Which he just did, telling me about his painful past.

Almost as if he knew what I was thinking, he used his thumb to wipe away the tear streaks on my left cheek. "I trust you, Abby. This is why I told you everything about my past. I trust you, because I... I..." An awkward laugh bubbled from his lips. "God, I'm such a girl, aren't I?"

"That sounds a lot like an insult," I pretended to frown, but I couldn't keep the teasing tone away from my voice.

Nate laughed, and bent his head down. He tilted his head and whispered into my ear, "I love you."

And THAT brought a whole new fresh flood of tears. I felt warm all over, a nice fire warming the coldness of my heart. He was melting the ice around my heart, smashing down those walls that I had spent so long building up just to keep anyone from finding out my secret. He made me feel loved again, after so long. And now... I just felt like telling him everything. Even my biggest secret, my darkest secret.

"Nate, I--"

He noticed my serious expression and quickly covered my mouth with his hand. "Please don't say you're rejecting me. Cos, you know, that'll suck." He laughed, but even he knew it was forced.

I smiled, and rolled my eyes. "Are you crazy?" My hands reached up to cup his face, and I noticed how small my hands suddenly seemed. "Not a chance in the world." And I pulled him down as I tiptoed to kiss him.

Our lips met, and I felt it all the way to my toes. He nipped gently on my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I willingly parted my lips, and our tongues danced together passionately. All too soon, we parted to catch our breaths.

"If I didn't know better, I would say you must have had kissed a lot of guys to be able to kiss like that," Nate joked, waggling his eyebrows.

His joke was light, but I had to remind myself to laugh. No, Nate really didn't know better. And it was my fault. How long did I plan to keep my dirty secret from him? I had to be honest. Trust was basic in a relationship. I wasn't being fair to him.

"So what did you want to say, then?" Nate grinned.

I took a deep breath. This was it. He might be disgusted, and he might tell the whole school, he might never want to touch or even talk to me again... No, Nate wasn't that kind of person. I trust him, the way he trusts me. And I was strong enough to be honest. I wasn't a coward.

"Nate, I..."

"Yeah?" He looked at me expectantly, smiling at me, his eyes so trusting and sincere, and I could just feel the warmth behind them...

"I love you," I finally answered, and didn't say anything else.

No, I was wrong.

I was a coward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Hellooo :) I know this chapter's kinda short and I haven't updated in a while but I have been overseas so I didn't really have time to write... Sorry :/ But I'll try to get the next chapter up by tomorrow k? Thanks for sticking with Night Confessions! :D Fan, Vote, Comment! <3

Cheers,

Celphia :D