Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Previously: I took a deep breath. This was it. He might be disgusted, and he might tell the whole school, he might never want to touch or even talk to me again... No, Nate wasn't that kind of person. I trust him, the way he trusts me. And I was strong enough to be honest. I wasn't a coward. "Nate, I..." "Yeah?" He looked at me expectantly, smiling at me, his eyes so trusting and sincere, and I could just feel the warmth behind them... "I love you," I finally answered, and didn't say anything else. No, I was wrong. I was a coward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stopped in front of the tall gates and checked the address to make sure I hadn't gotten the wrong place. Nope, it was definitely here.

"Abby!" I looked up to see Ashley approaching as the gates slid open.

"What are you still standing there for? Come in!" Ashley flashed me an odd look as she grabbed my arm and led me to her house.

"I'm sorry, but why did I never hear you mention that you were freaking rich? Your house is like a mansion!" I exclaimed, looking around at the beautifully decorated lawn and the huge building in front of me. Her house could easily be compared to Nate's!

"Doesn't really matter, does it? It's my parents' money, not mine anyway," Ashley shrugged, leading me up to her bedroom. Glancing around, I noticed Ashley's bedroom was kept neat and simple, for someone whose parents were so rich. This is why I loved the girl, she may not whine about how rich she was while using all the advantages her family's money brought, but she didn't flaunt herself either. We quickly settled down and started on the project, eager to finish it.

"This sucks," Ashley grumbled, burying her head in the pillows as she lay sprawled on her bed. After hours of researching for materials for the project, I set the books down and rested my head on the table, unwilling to continue the tedious job.

"Could we just stop for a while? I feel like my head's gonna explode," I turned to Ashley as she quickly nodded her head in agreement.

"So, you're good friends with Ethan right? What do you think I should wear on the date?" Ashley smiled and I could feel the excitement rolling off her in waves. Oh no. Oh NO. She actually liked Ethan this much? How was I even gonna tell Rick about her date with Ethan? How would I have known Ethan would actually like Ashley too? I groaned inwardly.

"I'm sure he'd be fine with anything you wore," I replied half-heartedly, "So you really do like Ethan huh."

"Well, I mean he's kinda cute, and he seems like a fun guy," Ashley replied thoughtfully.

"What about the others? I mean, Rick seems to like you too."

"Rick is actually really hot, and he's nice too, but I don't think he'd ask me out. I mean, maybe he's just nice to all the girls at school," Ashley laughed. I silently exhaled in relief. Maybe Rick did have a chance after all.

Ashley narrowed her eyes at me, "Enough about me though, what about you and Nate?"

"What about us?" I feigned ignorance, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks.

"Don't play dumb with me, I've seen the way he looks at you. And almost half the school saw you guys kissing. So, are you official yet?" Ashley waggled her eyebrows at me. Dang, it was almost impossible to keep anything from her.

"I guess... He asked me out on a date tonight," I blushed furiously, remembering how Nate had asked me out after telling me about his mom.

"Oh. My. God. Really??? Why didn't you tell me sooner? I thought we were friends!" Ashley pouted, though her eyes were shining in excitement. Oh god, she even sounded so much like Ethan now...