Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Previously: Yasmin took out a pink sheet of paper. The sheet of paper that would have my photo on it, and the words NO LONGER AN ACCEPTED NERD. My stomach churned. I closed my eyes briefly. She would call my name. Abigail Brown. A stripper. My life would be ruined from that moment onwards. "Lilia Johnson."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait. That wasn't my name. Just as I was about to get up from my seat and receive the piece of paper from Yasmin, I stopped short in my tracks. I heaved a sigh of relief, muttering silent thanks under my breath. They hadn't found out after all. But then who was it?

As my brain rushed to recall whose name Yasmin had called out earlier, realisation hit me like a bucket of cold water. My eyes widened in shock. Lilia. She was the one who had broken the golden rule. She wasn't a virgin. How could it be possible? Lilia was the ultimate nerd. She never broke any rules. She dressed and acted like a nerd. She even liked algebra! Yasmin must have made a mistake of some sort.

"Lilia Johnson, please come up and accept your pink sheet. As of now, you will no longer be a member of the nerd club." Yasmin repeated, this time staring at Lilia with her piercing gaze.

All eyes fell on Lilia, who now had a look of defeat written all over her face. Shoulders slumped, she got up from her seat and walked towards Yasmin, before sparing me a sideway glance. My eyes met hers, and I saw a hint of disappointment and sadness in her eyes.

"Wait, this has to be a mistake, Lilia never ever breaks the rules!" I objected, feeling everyone else in the room turn to look at me.

"The decision has been made. According to a reliable source, Lilia isn't a virgin anymore. Maybe she can tell you herself." Yasmin replied sternly.

"I...I... I'm sorry Abby. But it's true." Lilia turned to me with an apologetic look on her face, she was clearly on the verge of crying. Despite my shock at the revelation, I forced myself to snap out of my thoughts. She was my best friend! I should be on her side, not questioning her! Mustering up my courage, I walked up to her and Yasmin. I couldn't believe I was actually gonna do this!

"Fine, but if she leaves, I leave too." I announced with a smile on my face.

"Wait what? You do realise what you're saying right? Once you leave the nerd club, you won't be able to return here. You better think it through first Abigail." Yasmin replied, her green eyes piercing into me. If looks could kill, I would have withered there and then.

"Abby... Are you serious? You would do that for me?" Lilia asked, a look of shock plastered on her face.

"I've thought it through already. As I said before, if Lilia leaves, I leave too. Come on, let's go." I replied, taking Lilia by the hand and leading her through the door of the club room. I could just imagine the looks of shock on everyone else's faces as I slammed the door behind me. Now that was what I called swag. As soon as we got far away enough from the club room, I turned and looked at Lilia. She stood there dumbfounded, before finally managing to choke out a few words.

"Abby... Thanks for doing that for me. You're a really good friend to have." She smiled a sad smile, as if there were something else on her mind.

"It's fine. You've been my best friend practically ever since I stepped foot in here. I had to do that. Come on, stop pulling such a long face. It's not like it's the end of the world for us."

"Well... It's just that... I kinda enjoyed being a nerd actually. The straight As, and the algebra! Then I just had to break that stupid golden rule and get us both kicked out of the nerd club. Damn it." Lilia replied with a look of regret on her face.

"Who said that we have to be in the nerd club to be nerds? We could continue being nerds by ourselves, just with much less restrictions and more freedom. Oh and speaking of the golden rule... Who was it? Was he hot?" I looked at her with a smirk on my face, and she instantly began to blush furiously.

"I... I forgot who already. It was kinda like a one night stand thing." Lilia replied quickly. Nice save, not gonna believe that, I thought to myself, but decided to let it go. With that, we were officially out of the nerd club.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey tutor, nice seeing you today." The next day in class, Nate slipped into the seat beside me with a grin on his face.

"Why are you sitting next to me? I thought only nerds took higher algebra. You don't have this class." I asked, trying to focus on the book in my hands, my heart beating rapidly.

"Well I just came to remind you about you tutoring me later in the afternoon. And... I sort of heard that you and your friend were kicked out of the nerd club yesterday. What'd you guys do to get kicked out? Was that why you were crying before you left yesterday?" Damn that boy was cute. But he really got on my nerves sometimes.

"Firstly, what is this? Twenty questions? And secondly, it's none of your business actually." I mentally kicked myself. Oh no. I was starting to sound more and more like the real me. The nerdy me would never have talked to someone in the popular crowd that rudely.

"Woah. Feisty. Chill, I was just curious. Anyway, I'll come pick you after class. We'll just continue this discussion later. See ya!" With that, he flashed me a grin before making his way out of the classroom. Great. Just great. Now I'd had to deal with all his questions later for an hour. Someone shoot me now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: Sooooooo... Vote? Fan? Comment? Thanks to all the readers!

Cheers,

Celphia XD