Chapter 19

As soon as Taehyung landed on the bed, Jungkook pinned him on the bed straddling him and started hitting him with the bluff pillow-like there is no tomorrow.  At first, it caught the latter off guard but as soon as he gained his consciousness he tried to protect himself from the merciless hitting.  But considering his sins, Taehyung knew he kind of deserves that and that's why he is here to beg for his best friend's mercy on him.

As dramatic as it sounds but Jungkook sure is hot-headed and stubborn. And it's quite tough to make his anger go so Taehyung can't be blamed.

"YOU-" 'hit'

"FUCKER-" hit

"Jungkookie~ sorry! *hit* "ouch! Ya! Stop. it hurts."

But Jungkook is far angrier to stop.

*hit*

"YOU STOOD ME UP FOR TWO HOURS IN A MALL AND THEN DISAPPEARED FOR 2 DAYS STRAIGHT WITHOUT A SINGLE TEXT AND YOUR PHONE WAS SWITCHED OFF ALL ALONG!" *hit hit hit*

Taehyung grabbed the pillow and blocked it from hitting him as he panted. "I broke my phone accidentally. So I couldn't tell you!"

Jungkook scoffed, "that doesn't explain your behaviour, you dickhead"

"First, let me breathe properly. You beat the shit out of me!" Cried Taehyung.

"Fine," Jungkokk said while getting off from the latter but not before giving the other the last kick. "But- because of you all this happened!" Jungkook whined. Plopping down on the bed beside the said male.

"Huh? What happened? What I did? Are you ok?" Asked a concerned Taehyung. Worried if anyone especially his parents troubled Jungkook as he was out of any contact with everyone for 2 days straight.

"No! Bitch am not ok. I-  JUNGSOO IF YOU DON'T STOP EAVESDROPPING AND DON'T GET LOST FROM HERE IN 10 SECONDS. I AM COMING OUT TO PERSONALLY KICK YOU!" shouted Jungkook already familiar with his sister's actions. Taehyung chuckled rubbing the side of his arms in pain.

On the other side of the closed-door, a very wide-eyed Jungsoo fled to her room pouting both embarrassed and disappointed for getting caught. She just wanted to know what's wrong with his brother. But seems like she has to wait for more. So she just plopped on her bed, stuffing her mouth with the snacks she got.

"So, tell me now what happened when I was away?" Taehyung asked sitting properly beside Jungkook.

"I-meandseokjinwentonadateandwekissed. Yeah, it's just that."

"Jungkook, For fucks sake I know you may have some rapping skills but can you not show your talent right now and speak in a way a normal human will understand?" Taehyung asked a little pissed.

"Aigh- ok. Seokjin and I kind of have a date and we kissed, " Jungkook said switching to scratch behind his ear from fidgeting with his t-shirt.

"Ok. That's- Wait! YOU DID WHAT?"

-----------

As jungkook told about the date, the kiss, the feelings, the attraction, the blossom he felt on his stomach, Taehyung listened and listened. But this time, his heart didn't clench. He didn't feel the bitter taste in his mouth, he didn't find it hard to swallow the lump of saliva that becomes so thick with every relation Jungkook had before.

He didn't feel heartbroken or betrayed this time. Maybe he understood the fact that Jungkook wasn't for him. Jungkook was that star in his world for who he can only long for, take inspiration from, be confident enough to love but can't dare to have the hope of getting the love back.

But Taehyung always hoped and hoped to be loved back by his very own best friend who sees him as nothing but a brother, but as a best friend, who doesn't even know his very own best friend is so much gay and was in love with him all along, to who he tells the story of his every relation. But Taehyung didn't like to think like that. Somewhere in his fantasies he and Jungkook were together without a worry of the world and a happy couple. And with that very sweet imagination of his, he would have a peaceful sleep.

But today as he watched Jungkook talking about Seokjin, eyes so bright with the stars he hold there, with the admiration, shyness with everything he talked about, those feelings didn't attack Taehyung like a hammer in his chest and he knew he learned to let go. He let go of his first love who taught him to love without giving a damn to the world. And he did but he can't expect Jungkook to love him back when the latter lives with the knowledge of him being heterosexual and thinking they are just fine brothers.

So, Taehyung doesn't blame his cowardness on  Jungkook. Too afraid to lose his friendship even though he knows Jungkook. His Jungkookie deserves so much better than a coward like him who hides himself with the mask of not caring fuckboy. So he let go and he is happy. No! Don't pity him. He is strong yeah? He is strong enough to let go of his love for a very lovely man. But he loved him truly to let him go. Cause he knew if Jungkook knows he wouldn't let him do it. Let him hurt himself. He will be with him even if he has to force himself. Now Taehyung doesn't want that. Doesn't want his best friend to force, pity or be uncomfortable around him. He can't be that selfish, can't be that brave to risk Jungkook's happiness. So Taehyung let it go and he is not regretting it. He believes maybe God has better plans for him and yeah, like everyone else, God has a plan for him.

.
.
.
.

To be continued
.
.
.

Look at the smile

Look at the smile. Can make anyone's heart warm!💜💜

✨✨✨