Chapter 33

"Oh my! Welcome Welcome. How lucky are we to have the presence of Kim Brothers among us!!" Mr and Mrs Kim greeted Namjoon and Seokjin with their all smiley face and exaggerated voice, hand in hand. Both of the cousins bowed politely.

"You are flattering us, Mr Kim, it's a pleasure to be here, " Namjoon replied shaking hands with the said male and kissing Mrs Kim's hand. But Seokjin just slightly bowed again in acknowledgement, not interested to share any other formal greeting.

Mr Kim understood, retreating his hands awkwardly, he flashed a tight lipped smile, "Well, of course, Kims should look after Kims, you know." And laughed out like he said the funniest joke in the world. Namjoon let out a soft chuckle and nodded with an of course.

On the other hand, Seokjin was unbothered by the commotion happening before him, his attention was elsewhere. Gaze piercing where Jungkook was, laughing and chatting with his friends and of course having Yoongi beside him, course! He scoffed, gulping down the glass of champagne that Mrs Kim thrusted in his hand rather forcefully.

----------

Jungkook looked up, eyes roaming everywhere until they stopped at the figure he had been craving to see and Jungkook's eyes hungrily devoured the sight of Seokjin in the black tucked in shirt with fitting jeans, covering with black glittered wollen coat complementing those board shoulders well. Jet black hair pushed up behind, half exposing his forehead, he looked good. Not great actually. Too good that Jungkook felt his throat going dry.

He recognised the other well-built man beside Seokjin as Kim Namjoon, the most talked and famous MD in Korea. 'No wonder they are brothers.' Jungkook thought to himself, returning his gaze at Seokjin and his mind almost short-circuited as he gazed at the almond-shaped black eyes that stared back at him, gaze pierced and sharp like it will cut through his entire being and burn down his soul. Wetting his lips that he thought was going dry, He held the stare, starting back, both adamant not to look away for some unknown reason.

But then-

His view got blocked by Jennie. All flirty and smiley in front of Seokjin with 2 wine glasses in both hands. Jungkook tsked, looking away. Of course, she always has to pop up out of nowhere. Where there is Seokjin, there is Jennie Kim.

Jungkook glared at them and kept glaring until a voice snapped him out of it. He looked at Yoongi who was frowning at him, worry leasing in his voice, "Are you ok, Guk-ah?"

"Yeah. Am ok, Hyung." Jungkook smiled.

"Good!! We all should be ok! It's a big day for Taehyungie after all!!" Hoseok chippered, smiling so big and radiant as he patted Taehyung's shoulder.

Jungkook smiled but it dropped as soon as his eyes fell on Taehyung who has been staring at the space for a while, eyes blank and face unreadable. After hearing Hoseok's word he just flashed him a smile.

Fake. It's a fake one.

Jungkook noticed. And suddenly his best friend seemed to be much more distant. More blank. More quite. He had been for a while or Jungkook is just delusional?

"Taehyung-ah" Jungkook called out.

"Huh? Yeah?" Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, snapping out of his thoughts.

"You ok?" Jungkook asked concerned. Taehyung smiled or he tried to.

"Of course-"