Chapter 43

"What the heck?"

Seokjin looked up from his laptop at that with a smug face. The white projector light illuminating his face perfectly. Jungkook was having a hard time processing reality from his dream.

"Excuse me?" Mr Kang frowned at Jungkook's word choice in front of a professor. He snapped his head fast at that and hurriedly tried to explain, "I-I meant Mr. Kang-"

But when Mr. Kang raised one of his eyebrows at him questioningly Jungkook deflated, "Sorry, Sir." he apologized with a short nod.

"Very well then. if there are no more issues then let's continue with the class." Mr Kang said while walking towards the projector, "And if there are any more issues, I believe you can take it out after class hours, Mr Jeon?"

"Yes, sir." Jungkook said with a curt nod, "Sorry for the inconvenience. Please continue." and glared at the unwanted figure sitting on the same bench as him who was unbothered and tucked away in his laptop. Scoffing he focused on taking out his laptop and notes from his bags.

Mr. Kang hummed," Right class as you guys already know you were the absent ones from the classes so Mrs. Choi has assigned me to take the classes on her behalf but remember we don't have a lot of time till the finals. so it would be best if you guys were fast with your assignment submission." he said while walking toward the digital board.

Jungkook looked sideways in confusion. 'What assignment? Which assignment? What was he talking about.'

"So let's begin. Open the page of-"

"Excuse me, Mr. Kang," Jungkook interrupted raising his hand.

''Yes, Mr. Jeon."

"What assignment were you talking about? I think I missed that."

Mr. Kang raised his glasses with one hand, "Indeed you have missed that. But for your sake let me repeat that." Jungkook nodded gratefully. "The finals are approaching and English is not you guy's major subject. So this class will wrap up for this semester soon before the exams." Mr Kang said while passing around in front, "But indeed you all need to sit for the exam and 25% of your marks will depend on your performance on this assignment. And that is why you guys are getting special recovery classes based on your situations as you know Colleges don't have this system of recovery classes but Mrs Choi made a special expectation."

Jungkook rolled his eyes glancing at the figure beside him. 'Now it's making sense exactly why Mrs. Choi was making an expectation. Guess I got lucky.'

"Please work with your paired partners and submit the assignments as soon as possible because you are short on time, " he said while ticking on his hand watch, "So let's get back to the lecture-"

"But Sir, I don't have a partner yet-" Jungkook said raising his hand and interrupting Mr Kang again.

"You do Mr. Jeon. Me Kim there is your partner, " Mr Kang said while looking at him sharply.

'What?'

What?

Jungkook panickedly looked back and forth between Mr Kang and Seokjin who didn't bother to address this situation and continued working.

"But- Mr Kang. We are not- I don't be
partners with him. I-"

"Mr Jeon", Mr Kang said a bit louder, annoyed, " I am sure you can take your conflicts with your partner outside when the class is over. So if you please", Mr Kang gestured towards the wall screen, "And no more interruptions." Jungkook could only nod at that, ducking his head down in embarrassment.

"So class you all must have heard about the great emperor-" Mr Kang continued with the class but what caught Jungkook's attention was the projector screen where in bold letters it was written....

FINAL ASSIGNMENT

Love is the language of the heart. Describe the love of 'Romeo-Juliet' from your eyes.

'Fuckfuckfuckfuck'

This was the worst day ever.

-------------

"OK, class. This is it for today. Meet you guys in the next session at the same time here." Mr Kang said while looking at his handwatch as the students started to pack their stuff tiredly groaning a small yes in response.

It was already 5:40 pm. The sky was already painted in the light shade of orange and yellow indicating the approach of nightfall.

Seokjin packed his stuff ignoring Jungkook's side glances, he hooked his backpack over his shoulder, got down the bench chairs and exited the room without glancing at Jungkook's direction for once. He hadn't spared one glance toward the said male this whole time.

So Jungkook had to practically stuff all his papers and sheets inside hurrying behind Seokjin to catch up with him.

"Hey!! wait!!"

But Seokjin didn't stop. He continued walking as Jungkook ran behind him until he finally caught up with him blocking his path. he panted for air gripping his knees, "Don't you have ears or what? I was freaking screaming for you to stop!"

Seokjin wordlessly pulled out his laptop, "I have prepared a draft for the assignment. Let's sit somewhere and discuss it to get it over with."

Jungkook scoffed looking sideways, "So you still have the guts to give me an attitude after being an asshole and then pairing up with me without my constant. Wow! What a terrible jerk you are Kim Seokjin!? You never fail to amaze me," He said bitterly.

"We were paired by our seats. Don't take it personally," Seoking said coldly walking past Jungkook as the other followed behind. "well why the hell you were sitting beside me in the first place? There were so many empty places! So sitting with someone you called 'a whore' is ok? Hah! What happened to your 'mighty don't fuck with me, I am clod prince' vibe of yours?" Jungkook said sarcastically.  But it burned his throat to spit the words out.

Seokjin stopped in his tracks, making Jungkook halt on his steps too who was right behind him. Seokjin turned around, his jaw clenched and expression unreadable. "What's your deal? Didn't you say you don't want to talk with me? why are you trying to make a conversation? Let's just submit this quickly and get this fucking shit over with!"

"Hah.... aren't you being too delusional? Who wants to talk with you or even participate in a project with you? I don't wish to work with you."

"Well then go ahead and change partners if u can manage within 2 days. If that's what you want then be my fucking guest!" Seokjin spat before turning and walking away. Jungkook was caught off guard by the rudeness of Seokjin's words. He felt bile rise in his throat from anger and before he even knew he was screaming, "YOU KNOW WHAT?? YOU ARE A FUCKING JERK!!!!" His voice echoed, trailing behind Seokjin's disappearing figure, leaving him in the attention of passerby students on the campus who probably think he escaped a psychiatric place.

'Fuck it.'  that's what Jungkook thought lastly before going towards Mr Kangs office room.

.

.

.

To Be Continued

.

.

Merry Christmas people. 🌲❄❤🌲