Chapter 47

Seokjin knew it way before he accepted it. He felt it deep into his veins. The woozy feeling he gets around Jungkook. The feeling of 'love'. He had come to terms with himself and he couldn't lie anymore. He was indeed in love with Jeon Jungkook.

He didn't even know when it started. When the pull of attraction for the boy, who entered his life asking for directions with brown locks shining in the bright sunlight and sparkly eyes peeking from his bangs crept up on him. So slowly, fiercely, and surely.
No, Seokjin had intended to stay quiet about it. Just let his eyes take in the scenery of a boy who laughed and shone having his best time on campus but then.....Jungkook approached him in the park and everything just changed from there. The little glances of admiration, Seokjin's little secret, turned into actual conversations that he pretended he didn't enjoy. No, he really lied to himself about what he felt for the latter was just a phase. Only a pull of attraction because it wasn't. It was every pull of feelings that didn't let him sleep. His smile, the twinkle in his eyes, his scrunched-up nose, and his melodious laugh. Every day he looked forward to seeing him, talking to him, touching him, be near him. Even though past Seokjin would deny the claims, present Seokjin won't. He was tired of running. And he was tired of being scared. Of not having what he desperately wants.

Loving is hard...

Loving has always been hard for Seokjin. it was like that one task he couldn't bring himself to do. But with Jungkook it was easy, it was different. He made it easy to fall in love with him, simple even. Always a ball of sunshine, a breath of fresh air, warm and comforting like the first batch of freshly baked cookies. Loving him was like raising a storm in the silent sea, a flash of light after a whole day of darkness. Whenever he felt everything falling apart, the thought of Jungkook brought a sense of ease into his mind, his presence, his jokes, and his silly little self was enough.

Jungkook crept up on him like he never imagined someone would, attaching himself deep into Seokjin's bones. It was inevitable... Falling for Jeon Jungkook. No matter how hard he tried to push the thought of the other away it came back to him 10x stronger, knocking down his senses. And Seokjin knew he loved him. He loved him in days when Jungkooks was around, all sparkly-eyed and baby smile, a ball of bouncing sunshine. He loved him even in the days he wasn't around.

Even in those days, Jungkook hated him... Seokjin loves him, even when he is the reason he hates him. and Seokjin thinks he won't ever be able to stop.

Stop thinking about Jungkook.

Stop loving Jungkook.

And he knew he could never move on. He surely doesn't believe in the love of Romeo-Juliet but he believes in all the magical things Jungkook makes him feel when he is around. Creeping through his veins and lastly into his soul where he couldn't remember a day when he didn't like Jeon Jungkook.

Seokjin never denied the fact that he wasn't an asshole, an ignorant idiot, he knew that much. But he also never found a reason to be anything other than that. And just when he found a reason, the spark of possible hope for things to change, the tornado came crashing down on his life, turning the ominous feeling inside his heart into reality.

Jungkook has a heart of gold, he prefers wearing his heart in his sleeves, all exposed, vulnerable, happy, and endearingly lovely...Being with Jungkook Seokjin figured, felt like coming back home...a home he had way before the time he can clearly remember, the feeling of comfort, warmth, and ease. It wasn't like being with his uncle and Namjoon was any less but there was always a creeping tension, a gratefulness, a responsibility he felt that kept him on his toes all the time. Being able to completely ease into the presence of someone was new to him and he liked it more than anything. Liked it to the point he didn't want a single scratch in Jungkook's life that follows Seokjin like a shadow. The darkness. The whispers.

He knew no matter how he explained, Jungkook would never leave his side but that would only bring damage to him. Choi Mina was a vicious woman, and Seokjin knew that better than anyone else in the world so when she threatened to harm Jungkook, Seokjin just couldn't be selfish. The last thing he wanted was for Jungkook or his lovely family to get hurt by that woman. No, he would never allow it, he would do anything even if that mean ripping his soul apart, because it fucking hurt. Seokjin knew the scar he left on the latter and the pain in Jungkook's eyes claws at his chest every time they met eyes.

But still, Seokjin is the biggest selfish asshole, isn't he? After all that happened because of him, he still couldn't stay away from the other.

Seokjin sighed as he looked at his reflection in the sink's mirror. The running water from the tap is the only sound keeping him company in his apartment. He splashed some water on his face and stepped inside his bedroom when his cell phone pinged with an incoming text.

+8218xxxxxx :

Hello, Seokjin oppa.

Remember me? I am Jungsoo, Jungkook's sister. You gave me your number?

Seokjin frowned seeing the text. He indeed gave his number to Jungsoo just in case something happened or she needed help.

: Hey Jungsoo. Yes, I remember. Everything ok?

+8218xxxxxx:

Are you busy?

There's something I wanted to ask. It's about Jungkook-oppa.

And in the next minute, Seokjin grabbed his overcoat and wallet, already out of the apartment, opening his car door.

--------------------

The part-timer in their convenience store was sick and his father had to go to the supplier's company to sort out some things. So Jungkook was stuck here covering the said part-timers shift. It's a good thing he didn't have any classes today. After arranging the notes in order on the counter, he looked at the wall clock. It was 9:00 already. ' The overnight part-timer would be here within an hour.' Jungkook thought sighing. He had dinner in the store tonight.

He really didn't want to have dinner with Mom and Jungsoo when Dad wasn't around because both of them would just stare at him in a way, with their eyes equally puppy-like as his, waiting for him to spill something. Even though he had tried to convenience them multiple times nothing was wrong.

Jungkook was tired. The dark circles becoming prominent under his eyes, and he is having issues sleeping these days, with his college work, pilling up projects and assignments and all the overthinking. A yawn escaped his lips and he rubbed his face once more that night, pressing the heel of his palm to his eyes. The bell in the store chimed indicating a customer's arrival.

"Annyeonghaseyo, " he greeted politely and bowed.

"It's me Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook looked up to see a familiar figure standing at the door removing the face mask he was wearing.

"Oh."

.
.
.
.
.

To Be Continued
.
.
.

Guess who is it?

By the way, from here on you guys will get to witness Seokjin's vulnerable sides, his emotions and thoughts will be presented more often.

Seokjin sweet era started.✊✊