Chapter 46

Jungkook was tipsy, he was swaying in his steps and his head hurt a bit so when he got out of the club by the back door he saw a black Mercedes parked and Kim Namjoon, one of the popular business personalities in Korea, standing in front of him, he clearly was surprised.

Hello. Mr Jeon. Fancy meeting you here. I am Kim Namjoon." Namjoon smiled his remarkable, professional dimpled smile as he extended his hand for a handshake.

Instead of taking his hand, Jungkook started at him, eyes squinted as he observed the other, trying to register what was happening. As long as his sober mind responded he had never encountered Kim Namjoon. The guy with a perfectly ironed grey suit hugging his body, with black shiny polished shoes, gel-slicked back hair, and a pair of black spectacles. Yes, that is definitely Kim Namjoon, the one he only saw on TV. Namjoon's hand was held up in the air awkwardly as both stared at each other, one with a smile and another with suspicious eyes. Namjoon's smile faltered as he retreated his hands.

"Sorry. That might have been unexpected."

"Do you know me?" Jungkook said doubtfully pointing at himself. He really has no idea why it's happening. There is no way Namjoon knows him unless.....

"Yeah. I heard your speech at Kim Taehyung's engagement party. That was impressive. Hard to forget." he said chuckling, his hands sliding in his pants pocket that reminded him of Seokjin. "Sorry. I know it's not the best place or time to say that. Hope I am not making you uncomfortable, Mr Jeon."

"Oh." Jungkook blushed out of embarrassment. Of course, he made an image in the business circle, a ridiculous one. "What are you doing in back here... Though?" he asked eyeing the black Mercedes just behind him it seemed like he was just waiting for Jungkook but that's also ridiculous to think about.

"Oh... Actually, I am friends with Park Jimin here and one of my trainees, Jung Hoesok was just coming here so I thought of dropping him off. I was preparing to leave. I usually use this backdoor. Less attention and sound, I guess you understand what I mean," he gestured toward Jungkook and the club door. Faint sounds of music are coming from here.

Jungkook nodded in understanding before it clicked in his mind. "You know Hoseok Hyung!?"

Namjoon smiled, "Yeah seems like you know him too, " a spark of adoration in his eyes at the mention of the latter.

"Of course I do. We are friends!" Jungkook said excitedly but his legs wobbled and he had to support himself by the nearest wall. Namjoon stepped forward to help but seeing Jungkook managing himself he stepped back.

"That's great to hear. But you seem drunk Mr Jeon. Do you- do you need a ride?"

"No. No. It's fine. I am fine. Thank-" but when the ground seemed to roll in front of him again, Namjoon caught him from falling, steadying him by his arms. Jungkook felt like his head would burst in any second or he would fall asleep.

"I will take you home Mr Jeon. Here let me help you get in the car." Namjoon said putting Jungkook's arm around his shoulder to help him walk. And Jungkook didn't resist or he couldn't.

--------------

Inside the car, he felt better. Namjoon insisted that he drink some water and it helped to sober him up and feel better when he chugged a whole bottle down.

"Better?" Namjoon asked handing him a napkin to wipe his mouth. They were sitting in the backseat of the black Mercedes as the driver drove them to the address Jungkook gave of his house.
Now that his head is clear and the world does not seem upside down, Jungkook felt weird, sitting here with a literal stranger- well, not a stranger but Kim Namjoon is associated with people involved with him like Jimin, Hoseok, Seokjin.... He knew that much that the Elder won't hurt him but still getting a ride from him in their first meeting felt weird. And Seokjin and he are not on good terms to be involved with his family. He sat up straight as he started of the window. His body was stiff and his expression hardened. Namjoojn seemed to notice that.

"....I am sorry if it came out as a surprise but I hope you don't mind me dropping you off. I know we haven't been formally introduced to each other but Seokjin talks a lot about you."

Jungkook snapped his head in Namjoon's direction fast, surprised by his words. 'Seokjin? Talking about him?'

"He talks about me?" Jungkook didn't realise he said that out loud.

Namjoon smiled, "Oh...he does a lot. At random times, at random hours, in phone calls or whenever we play video games or we are eating. He talks about you. What you said... What you would do? What you like to eat." He said shaking his head in adoration at the silly memory of his cousin.

The corner of Jungkook's lips moved upwards in a small smile to think...Seokjin could do that. But at the same time, this caught him off-guard but he stayed quiet as the older continued.

"He talked about your family too. Of them being very kind to him. Of your mom. Of you. And when I saw you at Taehyung's engagement, prioritising  him over everything, all of it seemed to make sense the things Seokjin said about you. I must say, Mr Jeon... It takes a lot of courage to talk in front of this kinda circle of business people. You are quite brave!" Namjoon chuckled a bit of light teasing in his tone. Jungkook smiled.

"You can call me Jungkook, Namjoon-shi."

Namjoon seemed to be a bit surprised, he didn't expect the younger to let him have the privilege of calling him informally so soon after meeting him but he smiled nonetheless. "And you can call me Hyung."

Jungkook nodded. As much as he loved to hear Namjoon's words, it can't be for real now, is it? Like why would someone do that shitty and disgusting behaviour with him if they think about him so much? Why would play with his heart just to throw him off the roots? The thing Seokjin did was dirty and disturbing and Jungkook doesn't think some kind words can make him forget the pain the latter put him through.

"Not gonna lie, it's rich coming out of his mouth if he said what you mentioned." He scoffed looking outside the window, a bile forming in his throat at the bitter memories.

"Pardon?" Namjoon looked at him confused.

"Please stop the car at the side, Sir. Yes, that's my address." Jungkook said to the driver to pull up at the side. Sliding the door open, Jungkook got out. Before closing the door, he bowed to Namjoon, "Thanks Namjoon-shi for the ride and your kindness but Seokjin and I are not close not after the things your asshole brother did. I know it will sound rude, but I have to turn down your kind offer of calling you Hyung. I don't think we will see each other again. Have a good day."

Jungkook closed the door ignoring Namjoon's surprised look and went inside. Completely not noticing Jungsoo who stood a bit far with the empty trash can, registering what she just heard.

.
.
.
.

To Be Continued
.
.
.