Chapter 34

Head thrown back, Jungkook laughed out loud. "Oh my God! Hyung! That was so cringe!" he grimaced, shoving Park Hyung Shik lightly by the shoulders.

"What? I am positive though!" Hyung Shik smiled taking a sip from the glass.

"No. Seriously. When you got back?"

When I heard it's Tae's marriage soon."

"Understandable enough." Jungkook hummed, "But where is Irene though?" he asked looking around.

"She couldn't make it. Had some signed contract of fashion shoots from beforehand and taehyung's engagement invitation was sudden so yeah."

Park Hyung Shik is Taehyung's elder cousin. He is a good guy with a funny attitude though he can be deadly serious at times. This emotion control of businessmen is not something Jungkook easily understands. And because of his friendly personality naturally, Jungkook is close to Hyung Shik. Even though the guy is quite flirty, he has a stunning girlfriend to be proud of. And personally, Jungkook thinks Irene just accidentally fell from the heave from the way she looks.

So when Hyung Shik asks Jungkook to dance with him at the ball, Jungkook easily aggres. It's better to have someone he is comfortable with accompanying him in the formal dance. Though he doesn't see the point why Taehyung's parents arranged a ball instead of a party dance. Considering the crisis their company along with many companies going through right now, this grand gesture of a party seemed off-putting to Jungkook but, understandably, they are doing it to please the Manobans along with other businessmen. Jungkook is not a business student and he is interested in the subject but he could assume this much with his vague observation of his.

As he took Hyung Shik's hand, his eyes roamed into the hall for the last time, in search of Seokjin but there was no trace of him around. Quite disappointed, they lastly took off to the dancefloor, hand in hand.

----------

"Yeah, Just like that. Now turn right, stepping your right foot." Jungkook did as he was told, moving in Hyung Shik's direction.

"And that's it! You got it. Oh Jungkook, fast learner you are."

Jungkook gave a tight-lipped smile. "I am just trying just to not look weird and trip over, Hyung. This goddamn dance is something else!"

Hyung Shik laughed. But soon the
The melody of the piano changed and people started changing their partners too. Swapping partners with their left. It was sliding smoothly and seemed like everyone just knew what to do except Jungkook. As soon as Hyung Shik turned to his right, holding hands with his new partner, slipping his hand from his, Jungkook panicked. He hurried for his next partner. Instead of left, he turned back getting a hold of the first person without looking and his hands came up within the contact of strong hands along with long and crooked fingers, getting a hold of it, he looked up and his breath hitched as his eyes looked into Seokjin's brown orbs.

Jungkook gaped like a fish as Seokjin's hands held on his waist, looking straight into his eyes as they moved with the music. If it said Jungkook was surprised or very much intimated by the sudden occurrence of Seokjin's would be an underestimate but standing so close with the other, face so close with their bodies touching is another question. Jungkook was flushed, messing up in steps that Hyung Shik just taught him now. He could imagine even not looking that Hyung Shik's poker face.

But Seokjin looked rather much calmer and collective than Jungkook. His demeanour was composed, hands holding Jungkook in place, stopping him from misstepping on his steps. His eyes held a fixed and piercing look, staring at the latter intently.