Chapter 41

*22 Years Ago*

It was a good day in Seoul

It was a good day in Seoul. The time of spring when trees were adorned with forsythias, azaleas and cheery blossoms. The weather was beautifully bright and sunny with the gentle breeze blowing, a breath of fresh air after a rough winter. Everything was pretty and perfect like it always had been in Yeouido Park, people were out here on a date or just for a walk, enjoying their quality time in peace and beauty. But among them a couple stood out the most, bickering. A child crying in the embrace of a man while the woman kept scowling at him, totally unfit for the atmosphere, gaining attention from passersby.

"Mina...please, Don't be like this. At least think about Yoongi-ah-"

Choi Mina scoffed, "Give me a break, Youngsan! You and your child. Who told you to get me pregnant in the first place!? I didn't want this. Neither I want him right now. I gave you one year. One fucking year, you hear me? But you never got a job. Why even fucking got me pregnant if you can't take care of me and your child." She screamed from the top of her lungs, jabbing a figure in Min Youngsan's chest. In his hold, a one-year-old Yoongi cried harder and harder, needing to be fed soon.

"Mina-ah, I need a bit more time...please" Youngsan tried to reason but he knew that a little bit, it was decided Choi Mina was leaving him. It was evident from the time Mina had got the job in the 5-star hotel as a waitress something changed. His girlfriend for 5 years changed, who he dreamed about building a home with.

"Stop. I don't want to hear anymore how you are trying. I am getting married soon. And I really don't want to see you again. If you try to leave Yoongi with me here, I will give him up for adoption."

Youngsan held his son a little tighter at the remark. "Mina... Please. Don't you love me? Please just give me a bit more time. I swear I will make everything ok. Just please, I love you so much" He pleaded, going pale from the worry and the judgmental glances they were getting from the passerby's.

"If your love doesn't bring money to the table Youngsan, I don't need that love. That's it. We are done. Don't bother me anymore. Goodbye." Choi Mina said with finality as she turned around and walked out of there to a man's arm that was way richer than Youngsan ever could be. The eldest son of Kim, the owner of the hotel chains. He was highly praised in society for his prosperity and everyone was looking forward to what he could offer to society in the long run, a man with high hopes, Kim Dong Yun. And the only thing he could then cry his heart out and find a way for him and his son to survive the day.

*Present*

It was early in the morning when Jungkook woke up from the sound of birds chirping from his open window. He was sleeping in an absurd position that resulted in the aching soreness in his neck and back as he attempted to move and not to mention the unbearable throbbing in his head. His head felt heavy and on the verge of exploding. Probably the effect of last night's drinking. Jungkook had gotten very little sleep. When Jimin and Taehyung dumped him in his bed late at night, he only remembers in blurr chugging a glass of water before he passed out.