Chapter 37

Jungkook took long strides to walk out of the hall while continuously rubbing his swollen eyes, trying to rub the tears off, trying to rub off the disgust lingering in his body, hoping to get rid of the pain alone but it didn't subside, instead Seokjin's words continued to ring in his ear, loud and clear.

"Aren't you just here for that?"

"A whore."

Stupid. How could he be so stupid to think that someone like Seokjin can have a good side? He wanted to laugh but at the same time the undying care he saw, the passion, the burn, the kiss....was it all fake then? Was it all just a game for him? Jungkook heaved out a long shaky breath, holding the tears that's threatening to fall at any given moment. No. He is stronger than this. He has to be. He always has been. He will face all of it, he is Jeon Jungkook after all. But his heart and eyes have disconnected from his sober mind and all of him wanted to scream and cry to make the agony of heartbreak subside. He aggressively wiped his tears. His makeup for his best friend's big day is ruined already.

Damn it.

He has-

Jungkook has taken the longest route to the mansion, passing through the upper floor, already too familiar with this place, he knew what was there in each and every corner. But he halted hearing the continuous muffled whimpers from distance. He wiped his tears fast, in fear to be seen by someone and getting asked about what happened. With his breathing still unsteady, he approached with slow steps, hesitating a bit to disturb anyone's business. But again there shouldn't be anyone up here at this moment. All the arrangements were made downstairs. Upstairs is a private place just for the Kim family where luckily Jungkook has the access to.

"Hello?" he called out unsure.

"Anyone there?" but there wasn't a reply rather with each step the sound was clearer. Crying. God! Someone was crying. Who's heart got broken again?

The black and golden-designed door, Jungkook recognised as the laundry room was the place where Jungkook figured the sound was coming from. As he twisted the doorknob to the right without any further investigation, yanking the door open with one swift motion, A curled up Taehyung in the last corner was hit by the blinding light of outside, a hand automatically coming to cover his face, his knees folded up to his chest as he tried to curl deeper into himself, burying his head in the middle of his flooded arms and knees. And Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Oh my God! Tae!"

Jungkook half screamed with a loud gasp as soon as he caught the face of his best friend. He rushed up to the trembling boy who busied himself with broken sobs with a series of muffled 'please please', that had Jungkook kneeling in front of him, confused and surprised by the drastic turn of events just in some matter of minutes. His tears and heartache long forgotten, head clouded with the worry for the other. Placing a hand on top of the latter's knee, Jungkook called out slowly, unsure of the sudden circumstances.

"Tae-Taehyung ah..?"

And Taehyung jerked violently at the slight touch, jolting backwards, backing toward the wall like he was burnt by the touch, he tried to move further, wanting to blend with the white wall but couldn't push himself any further.

"No. No. Please. I don't want to." Tashyung screamed through sobs, eyes shut tight, arms covering both of his ears.

Jungkook was beyond shocked. He could say his best friend wasn't in his conscience, What's happening? Taehyung was supposed to be downstairs, drinking and dancing with his soon-to-be fiance, not here crying like this also the programme is about to start at any minute. Did something happen in between? But he has never seen him like this. So Jungkook is almost having a panic attack dealing with the situation right now. Is it about Lisa? Jungkook didn't know what it was about. But whatever the situation could be, it surely broke his heart to see his best friend in this vulnerable state and he wanted nothing but to take the pain away.