Chapter 42

Exhaling slowly Jungkook picked up the courage to knock on the door of Mrs Choi's office.

When a muffled 'Come In' was heard from the inside, he clicked the wooden door open. "May I come in Mrs Choi?"

Mrs Choi looked up from her computer to where Jungkook was standing by the door, eyeing from above her glasses.

"Oh, look who it is. Yes, come in Mr Jeon. Fancy seeing you here. Have a seat." Jungkook ignored the sarcasm behind her words and decided to sit down.

"Mrs Choi I got the e-mail about the class..." Jungkook said hesitantly.

Mrs Choi removed the glasses with one hand and placed them on the table, looking at Jungkook with full attention. Her lemon-coloured dress was not helping to make her look less intimidating instead Jungkook was getting more nervous.

"Before that can I know your reason for not attending the class?"

"I-it was- There were some family issues I had to take care of hence I was unable to attend the class."

"Class? Several classes, if I may correct you, Mr Jeon." Mrs Choi said with her eyes sharp and voice stern as she emphasised his name specifically.

'God. This is not going well. If things go south I might not be able to take the final exams.' Jungkook thought nervously.

"Y-Yes Mam, I am aware. And that's why it would be really helpful if you let me join your extra classes." He stammered but forced himself to meet her gaze. Often holding intimidating eye contact of others helps the situation to the person's benefit. Jungkook had read it somewhere. He hopes it applies in this situation too.

And it did because, after a beat of silence, Mrs Choi wore her cat-snapped glasses back, which was a real green signal at the moment.

"Very well. Submit a written apology application stating  the reason for your absence from the class written to my
P.A. and you will be notified about the class soon."

"Oh Thank You, Mrs Choi!" Jungkook squealed in joy. He smiled from ear to ear and bowed as he got out of the classroom. And maybe he did a little victory dance in the hallway, that hopefully no one saw. Mrs Choi was that one Professor that Jungkook didn't really want to do anything with but she was popular for her English lectures that's what was holding him back because without that the woman could be pretty dangerous. And things turned out so smoothly with her is great news, he couldn't thank the heaves more.

Finally, his good days seemed to start again.

--------------

When Jungkook arrived at the cafeteria Yoongi was already there sipping his cup of coffee and scrolling through the phone.

"Hyung, Morning." Jungkook greeted, dragging a chair to sit down. Yoongi responded by sliding a can of banana milk and a straw towards him. Jungkook grinned, his iconic bunny teeth were on display, happy his hyung remembered such a thing.

"So what are you doing on the campus so early? There aren't any classes within an hour and a half." Yoongi said, blinking away from Jungkook's smiling face.

"Yeah. I know. It's only 9:30. But I just didn't feel like staying at home. Feels suffocating." Jungkook said willing on his drink.

"Why? Is anything happening at home? Is everything ok?" Yoongi set his phone down, looking at Jungkook, concerned.