Chapter 20

The grip on the steering wheel tightened as Seokjin remembered Namjoon's words, again and again, ringing in his ear like a mantra. All the memories of his childhood are flashing in his mind like flashlights. Too fast, too unbearable.

"Seokjinnie, look at the camera! Smile!"

"Appa will read you a story."

"Eomma, see! I caught a butterfly for you! So pretty!"

"Appa is a bit sick, baby. It's ok. I will be fine soon and we will play."

"Eomma doesn't go, please! Please. Jinnie will be a good boy. Please! Eomma!!"

And all those memories haunting him. He feels out of breath, the words replying again and again like a slap in his face, making him anxious. It's hard to breathe. It's hard-

Seokjin parked the car near a bridge. Unbuckling his seat belt he came out hurriedly. The fresh air hit his nostrils as he inhaled greedily. He panted, lungs burning, hot tears formed in his eyes, treating to fall any minute.

It's- it's just too much! Like it wasn't enough from the start. Why? Why it has to be so hard? Why can't he just live a life like a normal person? He changed so much that he can't even recognise himself anymore. Shut himself up, longed alone, lived like an orphan even after having a mother who left him in the middle of nowhere just cause she is selfish. Seokjin accepted the reality. He accepted it all. He fought for his sick father who has to leave him too in the cruel world. Too exposed, too vulnerable, bullied and dead inside. But he was ok. He had been ok! But why she has to come back now? Why mess with his life some more like it's not enough already? Why? Why?

And Seokjin let the tears fall. He feels so messed up. Like all those shields he made for himself crumbling slowly and weakly. It's not easy. It's not easy.

"I miss you, Appa."

And he said it looking up at the clear blue sky, hoping his voice would be heard by his father wherever he is.

----------

Yoongi wasn't in his best mood since the morning, he couldn't fucking concentrate on the song he is working on right now. The lyrics are just not catching up and it's eating his brain out. And on top of that his phone is ringing constantly from various numbers and now he can't just turn off his phone for days, right! Cause it's happening for days now and he knows exactly who is calling, The number shows the location of the U.S.A.

He would have ignored some more but enough is enough! He is so annoyed from all the blocking, cutting and turning off his phone like don't they even get tired!? So lastly he swiped the green button, bringing the phone close to his ear,

" What the hell do you want!?"

"This is not the way you talk with your father, Min Yoongi."

Yoongi scoffed, "Oh, yeah! Forgive my manners, Mr Min. So if you don't mind can you tell me kindly why you have taken the pleasure to call your that son you are so ashamed of?"

Mr Min Jeu Jun sighed from the other line. "How are you doing there?"

"Oh? As I am away from you guys, I am doing just fine. No, wait! I am doing great really!"

"How are your studies going?"

"Wait, I don't get it why are you asking me all this? Didn't you say music is trashy? So why so concerned out of the blue?"

"Your mother is worried about you and am too. Just come back home, Yoongi-ah"

And Yoongi chuckled shaking his head in disbelief, "Tell me, Dad, honestly. Your company is falling, right? You are calling me for that. And don't give me that mother worried shit. We both how it is."

"Yoongi-"

"And no, I can't go back there and neither it's my home. My home is here in this crapy studio in Korea which I adore a lot more than you ever did to me. You made a choice Mr Min and now you live with it. I am no longer a part of Min Industries nor a part of the so-called family you claim. And don't bother to call me ever again cause every time I won't be so nice. Goodbye."

And Yoongi threw the phone somewhere on his table. A deep sigh left his mouth as he tugged on his hair, tensed up with everything that going on and his phone started ringing again. With an annoyed growl, he answered the call so sure it's the same person as before, "Stop fucking calling me. I have enough of your bullshits-"

But-

"Hyung? It's Jungkook.."

And somehow Yoongi's racing heart calmed down a bit after hearing that voice.

.
.
.
.

To be continued
.
.
.

Merry Christmas my lovelies. Hope you all are fine. And to be honest I don't know what I wrote today. But yes🌚

And I have a request for you guys. As you all know I had participated in one of my biggest exams and the result will come out shortly in just a few days. So please pray for me, my angels.🥺 I have a strong belief that you guys prayer hold some great power. So yeah.

Also as most of you don't follow me, you may not know this but I published another Jinkook book with short stories so if anyone wants to read more of my works you can check that out. Stay safe and healthy🌠

And lastly, I love you all, pretties💗💜❤