Chapter 36

The stinging pain on his lips along with his bleeding heart was too much to take as Seokjin stared at the crying figure in front of him. Yes, It stung when Jungkook punched him. It hurt when he pushed him. Not from the force of strength but the force of hate. It stabbed in his heart to see the hurt and hate flashing in the latter's eyes that are caused by him.

Caused by him.

Seokjin stared at the latter as he stuttered. Choking on his words like it was hard for him to let it out, "H-How DA-Re Y-You!? Who are you to Judge me!?" Jungkook screamed as he let his tears flow. "WHAT DO YOU KNOW!? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW TO ASSUME ALL THAT!?"

Slowly Seokjin wiped the blood from the corner of his lips as he let Jungkook break before him. He saw him break in front of him.

He broke him.

And Seokjin felt more inhuman than he already considered himself to be. Isn't this how it was supposed to be? He isn't someone to deserve love and affection. And someone from Jungkook? It could only remain as a dream. He cant-

"I-" Seokjin looked up from the floor as Jungkook's sobbing voice reached his ears like a poisonous whisper. "I regret it."

No

"I regret to fall for someone like you." Jungkook looked up at Seokjin. As their gaze met, Seokjin stared at him, staring at the bloodshot eyes until he could peek through his soul, to take a look at the burn that he caused, desperate to take it out and heal but he couldn't. He wouldn't cause Jungkook regrets it.

Regrets it.

Regrets him

"I regret for thinking I might be able to make a difference, that I could fucking change  you!" His sobbing or louder with each word he let out, "I regret believing that you have the heart to be cherished and I regret lying to myself about how you are not made of Ice that I can make you alive!" Jungkook screamed clutching his chest.

As Seokjin let those words sink in, he felt his stomach churn with an unwavering rush of agony, he fell out of  breath, he felt disgusted, disoriented and hated. He felt his eyes sting.

Jungkook regrets meeting him.

But isn't that what he wanted? Wanted to make Jungkook hate him. More, more and more until he loath him to the point that he wouldn't even want to acknowledge Seokjin's existence. At least Jungkook would be safe right? At least somewhere along the way, the latter would be happy.

Seokjin blinked his eyes rapidly to not let the tears stream down. Quickly fixing his composure as he laughed facing Jungkook. "Might regret sooner than later, sweetheart." The act wasn't something that one can differ from the reality in Seokjin's heart. But the only difference is this time, Seokjin's eyes seemed dead and distant. His soul is lost. Still, his acting would always take place as the best. Isn't that what he is? An actor for life? Like he always had been.

And with that, he got one last glance from Jungkook as he calmly wiped his tears and without a word walked passed him, out of the washroom.

This is the first time from the start there was a stretched silence in the presence of the latter. Even though it was for a short while but it felt like years after years of fight. Jungkook leaving in silence spoke louder than any words or sentence could ever be. It screamed to the point that it pierced through Seokjin's heart. And this time when he felt his eyes sting again, he didn't resist and let the tears take over his sight. Blurring his vision to hide himself from the dream of a hopeful happy future he crushed down with his hands.