Chapter 44

Apparently going to Mr Kang with his partner's problem seemed to be too much and Jungkook knew this wasn't gonna end well. Every step towards his office increased the ominous feelings in Jungkook's chest so he swallowed down his pride and let his fear win the match. Rather, he decided to approach the six students who were in the same recovery class. Unfortunately, no one was willing to swap partners because the time was too little, their work was on development and the point that no one dared to take the risk of pairing up with Seokjin. And they looked at him like he had grown two heads because even after being with a straight A student he was here requesting to change partners.

So here he is defeated and annoyed, sitting across Kim Seokjin cross-legged, sipping his americano. An ice latte sat on the table untouched in front of Seokjin who was flipping through the pages of a copy of his draft. They were currently sitting in a cafe to discuss the assignment.

(The cafe)

(The cafe)

Jungkook doesn't understand the necessity of group projects. It's more hassle working in pairs than single-handedly, they need to work on opinions, schedules, and work distributions, and it's quite a hassle. Well, it would have been different if he didn't skip classes at least he would have had more people in a team and not get stuck up with some cold jerk.

As Seokjin was highlighting the important topics with eyebrows frowned together in concentration, Jungkook stared at him wryly. He felt like he could be anywhere else right now than being here. They had agreed to work together as class partners and nothing else and wanted to end this as soon as possible.

Seokjin stated he had already finished the assignment halfway now Jungkook has to see and put his opinion so they can work on the next half. And no matter how much the situation is unfavourable, Jungkook knows he doesn't have much of a choice rather than to accept his fucked up fate and get this shit done with if he wants to pass.

"Ok. Take a look at the highlighted points and make a script of yours too and email me a copy. I will rewrite a new and clear version combining our theories." Seokjin said passing the stapled papers towards Jungkook. He leaned back on his seat, sipping his ice latte. The ice cubes surely melted by now though.

"Wait- " Jungkook said flipping through the pages, frowning at the words highlighted in pink. He looked between Seokjin and the script in panic, "What are these? Seriously? Are you ok?" He half screamed. Thankfully there weren't many people around where they were sitting.

"What? That's how I see Romeo and Juliet's love from my eyes." Seokjin said after taking a sip from his drink, all leaned back and comfortable.

Jungkook stared at him in disbelief. "You literally made Romeo a hypocrite! And what? disloyal and immature character? Are you serious?" He said shaking the script in his hand aggressively, "And Juliet is too naive and young to understand what is love. What?"

Jungkook huffed before flipping the pages again, "Juliet's feelings for Romeo was a feeling driven by hormones as a teenager, basking in the romantic attention given by a handsome stranger she adopted it as love." Jungkook read from the script, "What the hell is this?" He looked at Seokjin in confusion and annoyance. The situation is already fucked up as it is and this newfound theory of Seokjin's is not helping his situation.

Seokjin carefully placed his iced latte on the table, "Juliet was 13 and it's assumed Romeo is somewhere between 16-17 maybe even 18. They first met at the party maybe for like 5 mins. Only 14 lines of conversation pass between them all of it about Romeo worshipping her beauty and wanting to kiss her and they do kiss twice. So what do u expect a 13-year-old teenager to feel? The undivided attention, want, the kiss, it was all new to her. So of course she will feel it's love which is not."

Jungkook was speechless. Seokjin has a point but also it's not really-

"Ok...So what's with Romeo?"

"Romeo was a hypocrite. He was infatuated with Rosaline and was in dread because she rejected him and thought his life was ending and not even a minute into laying his eyes on Juliet all of his feelings for Rosaline evaporated. What damn trash!" Seokjin scoffed, "Plus that bastard only falls in love based on looks. Comparing who is more beautiful, got fairer skin like a dove. He is not even loyal. That's not called love. That's not how one loves. He is a sick bastard for making love to a 13-year-old and secretly marrying her. "

Jungkook held his head in his hand and groaned, his head was spinning. Is Seokjin serious? Who the fuck cares about what Romeo and Juliet did!? They need to submit a proper assignment!

"Seokjin I don't care if Romeo was a bastard and Juliet a naive child. But we need to submit this assignment and we can't write this."

"So what do you want to do? Write how iconic, passionate, vision-changing their love was?" Seokjin ridiculed.

"Yes!!"

"Well... I am not gonna do that. I don't agree with this." Seokjin frowned looking at Jungkook like he had committed a clear offence.

"Oh my God! Seokjin as much as I appreciate your perspective on this. We need to submit a paper where both of our opinions don't clash which is currently clashing! We can raise questions about their character setting but we can't question their love! It changes everything. God! I can't afford to fail this test for stupid stubbornness." Jungkook rubbed his hand all over his face. His head is hurting at this point. He needs a break from all this drama totally.

"Hah.. Is that so?" Seokjin asked cocking his eyebrows, arms crossed over his chest, he started at the other challengingly, "Ask yourself Jungkook. If Romeo and Juliet didn't die would you consider all of their 'love' story a legendary and iconic one and not some cliche, cringe story of two teenagers being all lovey-dovey?"

"....."

"See. The speciality of Romeo-Juliet is only the tragedy. If they didn't die the dramatic death then this would have never been the iconic love story. It's not that easy."

Jungkook only started at him in silence observing him closely, "What's your deal with love?" he closed the script placing it on the table, "Why is the theory of love so hard for you? Why think so much? Loving should be easy. It is easy." Jungkook said a bit desparet, he never understood Seokjin's way of viewing things.

Seokjin chuckled. A smile that was real, pure, from heart but it wasn't happy, he looked...hurt. But he didn't say anything. Jungkook silently watched him pack his bags, wondering if he said something wrong in the heat of the moment. But just before Seokjin left he said something that left Jungkook surprised.

"Maybe it is easy for you Jungkook. Not everyone grew up in a loving household like yours."

.
.
.
.

To Be Continued
.
.
.

Happy New Year💝