Chapter 38

(Long Chapter Ahed)

**Flashback**

(Back to their high school years)

It was another usual day for the duo sitting on the railing of the 5th-floor rooftop. School can be a pain in the ass. Well, it always has been but no place is more suitable to bunk classes after classes other than the rooftop. The day was something in between both sunny and cloudy along with the perfect flow of wind to spend time in their hideout with a bunch of snacks, swinging their legs from the railing. Just the scenario of busy Seoul ahead, for them to enjoy in silence.

It's not a hideout like in every movie students might have presented it as. Well- let's just say Kim Taehyung might have used some of his power to personally make the rooftop empty whenever they thought of using it. And jungkook never was the one to complain about the privileges that came along with being the school's rich dude's friend.

Jeon Jungkook was different and special for Kim Taehyung, everyone in the school at least knew this much not to mess with the said guy cause he is the only male friend Taehyung had around which was a rare case. Other than Jungkook all of his friends were always the girls that he went out with or were they? So even if the urge to bully the gay guy might have perked up in some, it died down soon enough. Now no one wanted to mess with the school's bad boy and it's no history Kim Taehyung didn't hold a good reputation for his temper in school life.

Taehyung broke out of thoughts as Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of him to get his attention, sucking on the iced layer lollipop.

"Mr weirdo, Hello? Where?" Jungkook laughed, "What you have been thinking?"

In reply Taehyung just shook his head slightly, "Nothing"

"There must be something."

"There Isn't."

Jungkook hummed sucking on his iced lolly, "But there is something am thinking..." he said after the silence of a minute or two.

"Tell me about it," Taehyung said a bit interested while trying to unwrap his share of snacks.

"Why the same gender liking each other is considered a weird thing and is hated so much in society and by families?" he said absentmindedly looking at the Soccer field and missing the way Taehyung grips the polythene bag of snacks harshly.

Why it's hated? Why it's hated so much that it can turn your identity into
a fat lie? Taehyung didn't know that himself. And he had stopped finding answers. But now looking at Jungkook, something in him wants to know, he gulps hard looking at the latter, "I don't know. Do you?"

"No...... I don't cause that's too messed up thinking all the people's liking in the world and choices will follow the same cycle. I meanwe are humans with feelings and it's messed up to limit love within the genders as they please!!!!!!!" Jungkook groaned looking at the latter, "At this point,t I don't think I will ever find someone who will actually like me!" He tsked, annoyed.

And Taehyung could only smile at that, "You will. I know you will."

Jungkook laughed at the determination and seriousness that was oozing out of the latter's eyes. "Yeah? And what if I don't?" He teased wiggling his eyebrows playfully.

"Then.....Then I will."

"You will what?"

"I-I will date you," Taehyung replied with a firm expression. The determination never left his eyes.