Chapter 35

The clattering sound of food plates and glasses, with gentle chit-chatters and the soothing music of the piano playing, was the source of sounds that filled the enormous mansion's hall room. People in suits and designed cut dresses were busy with business gossips and small talks.

Almost like a market full of first-class business dealers. Yes, it was. Any occasion like this was considered an important gathering for companies. An open opportunity to prosper and get new deals and sponsors. And even among all those well-tailored, branded clothed people, It was easy to identify Park Jimin who stood magnificently different in the crowd. Holding that aura with him that just makes him outstanding and eye-catching with that perfectly slicked back hair and tugged in a well-fitted suit matching with his angelic smile. So practically it wasn't hard for Namjoon to find out his best friend.

Namjoon soon fetched Jimin after excusing themselves from the lady the latter was busy talking with. "I didn't expect you to be here!?" Jimin took a deep breath. The exclamatory question was valid coming from his best friend as he was the one to convince Namjoon that he wouldn't be attending the party.

"I have to maintain my professionalism, you know." Jimin smiled. But Namjoon wasn't the one to be assured easily.

"Jimin-ah are you ok?"

Jimin inhaled a lungful of slow and sharp breath before replying, maybe to confide himself again in mind to why he was here. "I am fine, Joonie. No personal feelings. Only strictly professional."

Starting at Jimin's face for some second, Namjoon nodded in silence. And Jimin was thankful for the silence. His mind was already too loud. So loud that it throbbed to no core and he just wanted to scream. From where he is standing he could see Taehyung's face.

So charming.

Didn't he look like a prince? Then his eyes diverted to the figure beside Taehyung. Lisa Manoban, shining with her glory. Jimin smiled bitterly, Taehyung was surely a prince. A prince that's not his. A prince that's going to be someone else's.

Right.

He is here for business.

Only and only strictly business.

Only for that.

Or that's what he tried to tell himself.

------------

Yoongi paced around the open porch of the mansion, frustrated. He dialled the US contact number of his father repeatedly but with no vail, none was picking up. Yoongi groaned clutching his phone tight on his hold. But then with the bright colours flashing and the soft melody of 'still with you' song that Jungkook is absolutely obsessed with started playing. Indicating an incoming call. Yoongi picked up the call, wasting no time, giving no room for his father to talk.

"What the fuck she is doing here?"

"Yoongi-"

"No! This was your plan seriously!? Don't you feel ashamed? This is the fucking last thing I expected from you, Dad!"

"Yoongi listen to me. We had too-"

"There is no fucking we! It's solely her! She is using you! Till now you are blind to see that, Dad. You just fucking know why she is here out of all places!"