Chapter 25

The atmosphere in the Jeon living room smells of confusion, surprise, and shock. After giving a death glare at her son for cursing in front of everyone, Mrs Jeon slowly closed the box of golden shaded watches. a pretty set of couple watches was settled nicely in the box which might be worth a fortune. She knows who Seokjin is. Kim Seokjin, the heir of Kim Industries. Of course, this type of present would be nothing for him.

Mrs Jeon sighed. Smiling softly she took Seokjin's hand in hers. "Son, Thank you for this gift. I appreciate your efforts. But you know I have got my gift already. Your presence here is a gift itself! Thank you for joining us on our special day. For the care you are giving, means a whole lot more for me than any gifts. So I can't take it. I already have the gift I wanted. A son like you." She squeezed his hands lightly.

And Seokjin just stared at her. A little bewildered from her speech. He could see the sincerity in her eyes. A flicker of love and care that he used to mourn for. Now it's flashing in a woman's eyes that's not his mother but someone he barely knows but still doing pretty much everything to make Seokjin feel comfortable, to feel at home.

Treating him like her own son. Seokjin's gaze switches from her face to her hand that's holding his hands, the warmth of those hands making his heart melt. He squeezed back slightly. Round, brown almond eyes glimmering with unspoken and hidden emotions that made Mrs Jeon's heartbreak. She saw the longing and mourning in Seokjin's eyes but that's for a split second before there wasn't any emotion but admiration in his eyes. But she gets it. After all, she is a mother.

Seokjin smiled softly looking at Mrs Jeon. This smile reaching his eyes, he gently rubbed her hands. His heart swirling with thousands of emotions that he doesn't know how to turn into words.

"Eomeoni, all along you have been nothing but the sweetest with me and I am so so lucky to have a Mother figure like you in my life. I am very happy to be a part of this family. You always made me feel like I am someone worthy to be here not because of my name or fame but because of how you see me."

Seokjin's eyes were watery so does Mrs Jeon's as he continued, "This kind of thousands of gifts will never fill the love I am getting from here. Pardon me, I don't really know what to get you but I swear it's not about a flex of wealth. I was just trying to give you the best thing I can see, cause you both deserve the best."

Mrs Jeon smiled, wiping the unshed tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. She hugged Seokjin tight, rubbing his back softly, "Oh my God! Son, I already got the best gift. A son likes you. And you will always be a part of this family. Aigo this Kid! Don't ever dare to leave your Eomeoni!"

Seokjin sighed and hugged her back. It's ok. It's ok, he never get this taste of love from his mom that he craved. Mourned for. Cried for. But he has it now. It doesn't necessarily have to be his birth mother to make him feel loved like this. He is contained. He is happy right here with the people who made him a part of their family even without knowing him fully.

Seokjin looked up at Jungkook who was staring at them with a soft look on his face, a small smile forming in the corner of his lips as he eyed the emotional sight of his mom and the man he likes. And Seokjin mirrored his smile. For the first time, Jungkook saw with amusement the smile reaching Seokjin's eyes. Saw the cold 'Kim Seokjin' slowly unfolding himself from his shield and relieving a boy who is desperate for affection and love and so easy to love.

Breaking the hug Seokjin nodded at Jungkook, still keeping eye contact and subconsciously Jungkook returned the nod. And for the hundredth time, Seokjin thanked Jungkook in his mind for his stubbornness to stick with him. To make his life easier and better and better with days. He could see hope. But Seokjin should have known better it's always calm before the storm.