Chapter 02: Feeling Bored

Narrator's POV

Lauren woke up on Saturday morning. She spent fifteen minutes in her bed waking up. Lauren got up and fetched the glass of water on her nightstand. She drank it and went to the bathroom to do her morning routine. Lauren finished showering and randomly picked something to wear. She went out of her room and went downstairs to make herself breakfast. Lauren was doing what she was doing every day, just a bit different on weekends since she did not have to work.

Having her breakfast, Lauren was thinking about what she wanted to do today. She did not have an appointment or plan. Most of the time, Lauren did not plan anything on the weekend unless she and Keane had one. If Keana was away, just like this weekend out of town for her job, Lauren would go out for lunch or have a little walk before she went home and spend the rest of the Saturday in her apartment by herself. Lauren would watch a movie, read a book, or sleep.

Lauren sighed and put down her spoon. She fell bored with her usual breakfast a bowl of cereal or a sandwich. Lauren decided to do something different. She opened her fridge and decided to make herself an English breakfast: slices of bacon, sausages, eggs, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, and toasts, but without the black pudding. She turned on the music and tried to enjoy the cooking. After making her breakfast, Lauren made a pot of tea.

She comfortably sat down and enjoyed her breakfast. She looked out of the window and enjoyed the sunny day of the summer. Lauren slowly cut her food, put it in her mouth, and slowly chewed it while her mind was lost in the blue sky. After spending two hours making and having her breakfast, Lauren decided to go out for a walk. She put on a white top and blue jeans. She took her phone, her hat, and sunglasses. After wearing her white canvas shoes, Lauren headed out. She slowly walked and enjoyed her walk and the city.

After taking almost three hours-walk with some stops at a few shops and a bookstore, Lauren decided to have lunch at one of the restaurants. She randomly picked one which she thought was less crowded, cozy, and had delicious food. Lauren chose the table in the corner and sat next to the window. She ordered salsa and tacos, baked salmon with mashed potatoes, and chocolate ice cream for dessert.

While peacefully enjoying her lunch, Lauren looked around at the restaurant. It was busy, but some people were there. Lauren pursed her lips as everyone was with someone or more, and she was alone. She ignored them and continued enjoying her food. After finishing her meals, Lauren took a subway home, and she stopped at the grocery store before walking to her home.

Arriving at her apartment, Lauren changed her clothes into a comfortable shirt. Lauren organized the groceries and made a big glass of lemon water with mint. She went back to her room with her cold drink. She settled on her small couch and read a book. Less than thirty minutes, Lauren was sleepy. She closed her book and took a sip of her drink before she went to bed. She needed a long nap after a long walk.

Lauren woke up after more than two hours of sleep. She looked at the time it was five-thirty. She checked her phone, no calls, no messages, and emails. She checked her social media, and nothing was interesting. She put down her phone on her side. She was thinking about what to do next. She felt lazy, she felt bored, and she felt empty. She spent an hour in her bed thinking about her life, her job, her boring daily routine, and her monotonous life.

For the first time, Lauren felt extremely bored and she wanted to do something new, something different, but she did not know what to do and how to start. She looked at herself in the mirror and thought about changing her look. She did not want to cut her hair short. She also did not want to change the color of her hair. She sighed and then opened her closet. She did not think she wanted any new style. Her style was not amazing, but it was not bad as well.