Chapter 43: The Best Friends

Narrator POV

Lauren enjoyed her birthday dinner with Camila and Camila's best friends. It was a new feeling, but she could enjoy it more than she expected. When Lauren and Camila were officially girlfriends, Lauren knew that she would meet and hang out with Dinah, Jade, and Lucy since the three of them were an important part of Camila's life. Lauren did not expect it happened fast and easily. They were fun and welcomed Lauren wholeheartedly.

During the dinner, Camila was glad that Lauren looked comfortable and her friends also liked Lauren even behind her expectation. Since it was Lauren's birthday and Camila had planned everything including Dinah, Jade, and Lucy were not going to stay late. They knew Camila and Lauren needed their time and space, especially on this special day. Camila also told them that she wanted to have more time with Lauren tonight.

After spending more than two hours, the girl was leaving.

"I'm leaving now." Dinah stood up.

Camila did not say anything. It was time for them to leave, to leave her and Lauren alone.

"Me, too!" Jade was taking her bag. "Lucy, are you coming with me?" Jade said as Lucy was still drinking her wine.

"Yup!" She finished her wine.

"Okay, Lauren," Dinah hugged Lauren, "we're going to leave you and Mila alone!" Dinah winked.

"Thank you for everything," Lauren said.

"Remember, you got my number, if Mila is bad, let me know!" Jade said. They had exchanged numbers earlier.

"Thanks, Jade!" Lauren smiled.

"Yes, Lauren, don't worry!" Lucy was going to hug Lauren, "I'm here if this one... could not treat you well."

Camila playfully pushed Lucy away, "don't even think about it!"

Lauren chuckled.

Lucy laughed, "Okay, have a nice evening!"

"Thank you!" Lauren said.

Camila and Lauren walked them to the foyer, "Thank you for the lovely dinner!" Lauren said.

"Don't mention it, Mila paid us for this!" Jade laughed.

Camila opened the door, "thanks, bitches!" They hugged Camila.

"Bye..." they all said at the same time.

Camila closed the door, and she looked at Lauren, "are you happy?"

"Yeah..." Lauren smiled.

Camila kissed Lauren, "stay for tonight!"

"...okay." Lauren agreed. She usually did not want to stay over if she had to work the next day, but she made an exception for today. It was her birthday anyway. "But I need to go back for change tomorrow morning."

"You don't have to, everything is taken care of." Camila held Lauren's hand and went to the second living room.

"What do you mean?" Lauren asked.

"I have some new clothes ready for you." Camila smiled. She had planned everything for today including everything Lauren needed for overnight.