Chapter 08: Things Never Done

Narrator's POV

It was Saturday again. Lauren was in the flower shop doing her job. She would think of Camila but when she was decorating and arranging the flowers she would forget about Camila for a while. Lauren easily lost in arts. She loved arts and would get carried away and forget anything else when she was playing and having fun with it.

It was fifteen minutes to four, the time when Lauren would finish her day at the flower shop soon. Lauren looked at the entrance. She subtly sighed as she still hoped that Camila would show up. Camila did not show up when it was time for Lauren to leave. Lauren slowly accepted the fact that Camila was not for her. "Mrs. Kidman, is there anything I can help with before I leave?"

"No, Lauren. You can leave and enjoy your weekend. Thank you for today." Mrs. Kidman was a nice owner, and she cared about all her staff.

Lauren smiled, "Okay, I'm leaving." Lauren gathered her things and put on her coat and winter scarf. She put on her beanie and excused herself, "Thank you and see you next week, Mrs. Kidman! " Lauren went to hug Mrs. Kidman.

"Yes, My dear, any plan for the weekend?

"Just relaxing, watching a movie at home." Lauren smiled.

"Relaxing is the nicest thing to do." Lauren nodded. "Have a nice weekend!" She said.

"You, too, Mrs. Kidman. Bye!"

"Bye!"

Lauren felt a little bit cold. The winter seemed to come earlier this year. It was only the beginning of December, but it was colder than usual. Lauren walked to the train station to take a train heading home. She was thinking to stop at a coffee shop to get herself a hot chocolate, but she did not. She just wanted to get home as soon as possible and snuggled into her warm bed.

When she was waiting for the train, Lauren read an e-book on her phone with music on both of her ears. She did not look at her surrounding but she would always be aware of if any danger. She was not that someone who was lost in reading and music and not knowing if something bad happened. She was alert even though she was listening to music and reading a book.

Camila's POV

It was Saturday again. The day I had been looking forward to. I was looking forward to meeting Lauren as I still could not get over her. I did not manage to go to the flower shop in the morning, but I managed to go in the late afternoon. I arrived at the flower shop, late.

Mrs. Kidman smiled when she saw me come into her shop, but her face turned serious a few seconds later, "She just left."

"Oh..." I looked at the time. It was five minutes past four. I sighed subtly.

"I'm not giving away her phone number, but if you're serious with her, I'll tell you where she's heading." She said with her serious face.

"Yes, please!" I said without a second thought.

"She's heading to the nearest metro."

"Subway? Train?"

"Yes. Yes. Go..." Mrs. Kidman warned me like a mother would do before she rushed me to go after Lauren at the train station.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kidman." I took a ten-dollar out and gave it to her and picked a rose before I ran out of the shop.

I rushed to the train station with a single red rose in my hand. I did not know what I was doing. I did not know who the hell this girl was. She had made me do a crazy thing like this. I had never done such a thing before. She had occupied my mind since the first day I saw her. The more I tried to forget her the more I could not forget her. I could not get her off my mind after weeks passed by. I should find the answer. I did not know what it was, but I wanted her. Whatever it was, I had to meet her.