Chapter 46: Miami.Family

Narrator POV

A week after their summer holiday in the Caribbean, Lauren, and Camila flew to Miami to visit Lauren's family. They arrived in Miami on Friday evening. They stayed at a hotel that Camila had booked for themselves. Since it was late evening, Lauren did not want to go to her parents' house directly. She and Camila would go to her parents' house tomorrow morning. Lauren did not inform her parents as she wanted to surprise them, but she had told them that she had a girlfriend now.

Once she was back from the Caribbean island and they decided to visit her family the next weekend, Lauren told her parents about Camila. They wanted to know who she was. Lauren sent them a picture of Camila and her and told them her name, Camila. They asked Lauren how they met, where Camila was from, what she was doing for a living, and how she treated Lauren. Lauren only told them slightly about Camila.

Lauren told her parents that Camila was from New York and they met at the coffee shop where she used to work part-time on Saturday last year. She told her parents that Camila was a businessman, but she did not go into details about it. Lauren told them Camila treated her well. Her father was not surprised that her daughter was as into girls as he had suspected. Meanwhile, her mother was shocked when she heard about it. The first thing she said was "You like girls? You like a woman?" Despite her reaction, her mother was not against it at all. She was cool with it. She was just shocked as she had no idea about her daughter's sexual orientation.

.

Lauren and Camila arrived at Lauren's parents' place at seven-thirty in the morning. They bought some breakfast with them. They came at the breakfast time as Lauren's family always had breakfast together on Saturday. Lauren looked at Camila before she rang the bell. Camila smiled, and she was holding Lauren's hand. Lauren's father, Mike, opened the door, and he was surprised to see her daughter, "Lolo..."

"Dad!" They hugged in joy.

"You didn't tell us..." Mike gave her daughter a long bear hug. "Clara...look who it is!" He shouted before he let Lauren go. He looked at Camila. Camila nodded at him.

"Dad, this is Camila," Lauren introduced them, "Camz, it's my Dad."

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jauregui!" They shook hands.

"Pleasure to meet you, too, Camila!" Mike was looking at Camila. His smile was full, "come on in!"

"Lauren!!!" Her mother came out with her sister and brother.

"Hey!" Lauren hugged each of them with love. She missed them as they missed her.

"Mom, Chris, Tay, It's Camila!" Lauren looked at Camila, "my mother, my brother, and my sister!" Lauren explained to Camila.

"Hi!" They all shook hands. Camila did not do a hug unless she knew someone well.

"Hi, Camila!" They greeted her.

They went to the dining room to have their breakfast. They enjoyed their breakfast on a sunny morning. Camila did not have any problem joining their conversation. She was good at it. In addition, Lauren's family was friendly, simple, and polite. They did not cross the line by asking something too personal to Camila. Once they finished their breakfast, Camila said, "Excuse me, I need to go to the restroom."

"It's there, to the left side," Lauren told her.

"Okay." Camila left the room for the toilet.