Chapter 04: She Came, Alone

Narrator's POV

It had been two months since Lauren worked at Niall's coffee shop every Saturday. It indeed worked as she wanted. Lauren did not feel bored with her life anymore. At least she forgot or stopped thinking about her life was boring for a while. She got a new thing to do. She did not spend her time in her apartment feeling bored. She thought a coffee shop was the right place for her, to interact with people. It was not too much as she could talk to people without thinking about what subject to talk about. She just needed to greet them, ask what they wanted to have, and wish them a good day. She enjoyed it so far.

Keana was happy to see her best friend happy. Lauren would come home and tell Keana about her day at the coffee shop. She told Keana everything including how a few people, two men, and a woman were hitting on her and asking her out. It included Lucy. Lauren did not give them her number or accept their invitation as she was not interested in them. On the other side, the girls, Camila, Lucy, Dinah, and Jade did not mention Lauren anymore as Lucy decided to forget about Lauren.

"Kea... I am leaving." Lauren told Keana, who was still in Lauren's bed. She's going to the coffee shop. They talked until late last night that Keana fell asleep in Lauren's room.

"Okay..." Keana did not move. Her eyes were still closed. "Consider it if any good-looking one asks you out." Keana chuckled.

Lauren smiled, "Okay... see you!"

"See you!" Keana said with her sleepy voice.

.

"Good morning!" Lauren greeted her peers as she entered the coffee shops.

"Morning, Lauren!" They greeted her back. "The boss will come later." One of them said.

"Oh, okay!" Lauren smiled and started to work with others to get ready. There were thirteen of them. Niall was the owner. He always came a bit later to check if everything was fine. He usually would come early on Saturday as Candice, the general manager was off on Saturday.

.

Lauren was a punctilious person. She paid attention, and she remembered things and people easily. It was only two months, she recognized some regular customers who came on Saturday. She was taking orders when a familiar person came in. She came, but alone. Lauren remembered her, but she was a bit nervous. It was because she was not a friendly one. That made Lauren remember her even more. However, she greeted her as she greeted others with her beautiful, friendly smile, "Good morning!"

She did not greet Lauren back but nodded. Lauren pursed her lips, and she was still smiling. Lauren could not see her eyes as the customer had sunglasses on. It made Lauren more nervous. Lauren could not hold a stare in general, but she preferred to see someone's eyes when they talked otherwise it made her nervous.

"I'd like a cappuccino and a cornetto to go." She handed the card to Lauren.

"Okay." Lauren went to prepare what she ordered.

"Here a cappuccino and a cornetto for you." Lauren passed them to her. "Thank you for your visit!"

"I changed my mind." She said.

"..." Lauren frowned, but she was smiling, "yeah?"

"Can you take the cornetto out?" She said.

"Do you want to cancel it or change it for other?"

"No, I want to have it here." She said. Her tone was not cold or warm. It was neutral.