Chapter 35: One Chance

Narrator's POV

Camila stopped eating when she finished the third slice of her pizza. Lauren was slowly having her pizza while her mind was thinking about what Camila told her. Lauren asked Camila to continue. She wanted everything done soon, "you can continue. I can listen while I'm eating."

"Okay..." Camila drank her water before she continued, "When I asked you out, I broke my rules again. I did things that I never did. I did not do date as I've told you, but I wanted to take you out for a date. I even never bought a flower for anyone..."

Lauren did not believe this part, "Your ex? That girl came with you to the flower shop."

"I meant except my ex in the past, and it's only on a special occasion like birthday, valentine's day, or special occasion... It was more than ten years ago. With that girl, she asked me to buy her flower when we passed the flower shop... since I wanted her in bed, I agreed to get the flowers." Camila looked at Lauren's expression when she said it. She could see Lauren did not like to hear it.

"I never chased someone to the station. I even hated taking the subway, but I did it because I did not want to lose you. I liked you a lot. Running in the middle of the crowd to find you, I was scared. It was like I have to find you or I would lose you forever. I never also imagined that I was so patient with you. I was willing to wait for so long to have sex with you. I never did so." Camila did not want to hide anything.

"Would you do the same if I was not a virgin?" Lauren doubted Camila.

"I might be less patient, but I would wait until you're ready." Camila did not doubt that. She knew how to make one give in fast anyway. "But I won't deny it... my first intention was sex. I'm sexually attracted to you, but I was never so patient for having sex with someone. I never cared a virgin or any other woman like I cared about you." Camila said, and Lauren closed her eyes. "Something about you intrigued me. That day after I met you again at the flower shop, I was in bed with that woman, but all I thought of was you. Not only when I was with her, but also with others after I took you out for a date."

"So, you're still seeing others when we went on dates," Lauren asked. She definitely knew Camila did, but she wanted to hear from her. She wanted her to admit it.

"Yeah... I needed sex, and I loved sex. We're not in an exclusive relationship, and what I had with them were just sex and a one-time thing. So, yeah, I did." Camila told the truth. Lauren closed her eyes. It was hard for her to listen to it and think of it even though she and Camila were not in an exclusive relationship.

"Things started to change after we had our first time. You made me feel things I never felt before. I felt peace and calm when I made love to you. It never happened when I was with others, even with my ex. I am addicted to the feeling that I had when we had sex. I wanted more. I never bothered to kiss and hug someone after sex, but I wanted it all when I was with you. All those when we spent time together, I realized... I was not only having sex with you but making love to you." Camila's eyes were soft and full of affection when she was speaking and, looking at Lauren, "I know because I felt things I've never felt. I felt connected to you. It was so effortless. I felt safe and calm when I was with you. I was always upset every Christmas, related to my mother, but you made me feel safe. It was my best Christmas ever. I even got jealous when I saw you with Louise, even Normani."

"Normani?" Lauren frowned.

"Yes. I was looking at her that day. It was not that I am interested in her. She's hot. I was afraid that she will hit on you and you will like her." Camila explained her feeling. "I'm in love with you, Lauren. I really am."