Chapter 28: Undecided

Narrator's POV

After their morning hot sex, Camila and Lauren took shower separately. They both enjoyed the peaceful morning and did not talk much. They talked when necessary. Although they did not talk much, they would smile and look at each other with affection. Camila would help Lauren to put on her coat, and Lauren would adjust Camila's winter scarf. Lauren would hold on to Camila's arm as they walked, and Camila would open the car door for Lauren.

They stopped at the cafe close to Lauren's office to have their breakfast. They enjoyed each other's presence in peace. Camila would still cut her food and feed Lauren as usual. They barely talked, but they constantly stared at each other. There was this elephant in the room that made their morning silent.

After breakfast, Camila walked Lauren to the office. They stopped at the lobby of the building. Neither of them wanted to say goodbye. Camila started since they stayed too long in silence, just looking at each other, "Have a nice day and enjoy the last day of the year!" Camila told Lauren.

"I will. Thank you!" Lauren smiled, and she had too many things in her mind, "Enjoy the party in Las Vegas!"

"Yes, I definitely will," Camila said.

"Good morning, Lauren!" Normani greeted Lauren as she walked past them.

"Morning, Mani!" Lauren smiled and greeted her back. Lauren was happy that Normani joined her team. She had a new colleague who she found fun to talk to.

Camila was looking at Normani as well. She was naturally looking at Normani from head to toe as Normani walked away from them, and Lauren saw that. Camila did not feel bad about it. It was like her default checking out a sexy and beautiful woman. She even asked Lauren, "Who is she?" She looked at Lauren.

"It's Normani," Lauren said.

"I know," Camila asked.

"Why did you ask?" Lauren was a little bit annoyed when Camila was looking at Normani like that.

"I mean, is she in your team?" Camila asked.

"Yeah." Lauren avoided Camila's eyes, trying to conceal her little jealousy. She was lost in her thoughts again. It might be the last time they saw each other. Camila was shamelessly checking on another woman in front of her. Nothing much she could expect. Lauren started to imagine what Camila could do in Las Vegas. "Why?"

"She's hot." Camila was frankly telling the truth, but her statement made Lauren's condition worse.

Lauren said nothing. She noticed Lauren's change of mood.

"I have to get in now," Lauren said.

"Okay," Camila said, looking at Lauren, who looked away.

"Bye!" Lauren turned her heels, walking away.

Camila grabbed Lauren's arm quickly to stop her, "Hey!"

Lauren turned back to Camila. She spontaneously tried to withdraw her arm from Camila.

Camila was taken aback and frowned. She was holding herself from asking Lauren what is wrong with her. She called her name instead, "Lauren..."

Lauren looked at her watch, "I'm running late." She was not running late. She still got ten more minutes.

"Okay." Camila leaned closer to kiss her, but Lauren avoided Camila's lips.