Chapter 38: Start Over

Narrator's POV

Camila was never bothered when Lauren asked her questions. Lauren was not an outgoing person. Speaking her mind and asking questions was how Camila could get to know her better. Camila might not answer some questions related to her family, friends, or her job in the past, but she loved it when Lauren spoke her mind and asked questions. Since Camila wanted Lauren for real now, she would answer any questions that Lauren had.

"No," Camila immediately answered, "I did not mean to end things with you that day. I was still confused about what I should do next." Camila was sure if Lauren agreed to come with her that day things would be different, but she would not say it. "I wanted to call you, but I was..." Camila tried to find the right words, "too lost in the party." She ended the night before the countdown with two women in the VIP room. She went back to her hotel after having sex with them leaving Dinah, Jade, and Lucy with their adventure.

"Did you (even) mean it when you asked me to come with you?" Lauren doubted Camila's intention, "you can tell the truth."

"I did. I did want you to come with me, but I admitted that I was also afraid of how it would turn out..." Camila said.

"What do you mean?" Lauren's tone was flat.

"There're many things to consider. Like Lucy did not know about us and my friends would make fun of me even though they asked me to invite you..."

"They know?" Lauren was confused. Camila said Lucy did not know about Camila and her but her friends asked Camila to invite her.

"They did not know it was you, but they did know I was seeing someone special," Camila said.

"You told them?" Lauren was even more curious now.

"I did not until Dinah asked me how I spent my Christmas, and she was suspicious of the sudden change of my habits."

"May I know what did you tell her?" Lauren wanted to know how Camila told her friends about her. Was it like the case of Keanna, Jade, and Lucy?

"I told her or them, that I spent with someone. They kept on asking and connecting the dots, but I did not tell them it was you. They even called you a bit more special one, because they saw how I treated you differently from others."

"How?" Lauren asked. She just could not help it. She wanted to know.

"How... different?" Camila was a little taken aback. She did not think that Lauren would ask for the details.

"Yes," Lauren said without hesitation.

"I did things that I never did." Camila had told Lauren, and she would repeat it, "I took you out for a date. I was still seeing you after 24 hours. I spent the night with you without sex. I even skipped our routine at the club on Wednesday. I did not share with them the details of what happened in bed."

"..." Lauren frowned thinking four of them shared about their sexual adventures with each other.

Camila continued, "At that moment, I know I'm in love with you. I want you, but I did not know exactly how I wanted it, how I wanted us to be, did I really want a relationship? can I even have a relationship seriously? I don't want to hurt you, too. I was so confused. I was thinking sometime apart could buy me time to clear my mind. So I wanted you to come with me but I did not mind, too if you rejected my invitation. I was a bit disappointed, but I was not upset. I also did not want you to see how wild we could be at a party."