Chapter 42: Birthday

Narrator POV

Lauren and Camila took a shower together this morning. They did not talk much, but they smiled and bathed each other gently. After finishing the shower, Lauren checked her phone as there was notification popped up. It was Keana who was checking her best friend.

From Keana: Morning, Lo! Are you working today?

To Keana: Morning, Kea! Yes

From Keana: I'm making breakfast for you two!

To Keana: Thanks, Kea! We will go downstairs in 10 minutes.

From Keana: Okay.

Camila was ready when Lauren was wearing some simple makeup. Once she finished, Camila walked to Lauren and circled her hands around Lauren's waist."Happy birthday!" She gave Lauren a small box.

Lauren smiled. She turned her head to Lauren, "thank you!" Lauren gently shook the small box.

"You can open it," Camila said as her hands were holding Lauren on her shoulder and waist.

Lauren opened it, and she found a necklace with a rose pendant and a small diamond. Lauren was looking at the necklace. She was observant so she took her time to study the necklace.

"Do you like it?" Camila looked at Lauren in the mirror since Lauren did not say anything.

"Yea... It's beautiful." Lauren turned around, "but Camila..."

"Yeah?" Camila was thinking it was beautiful, but she did not like it.

"You don't have to get me something... too fancy." Lauren could tell it was expensive after studying it for a moment.

Camila smiled, "It's your birthday and you're my girlfriend."

"Thank you!" Lauren smiled gently. She knew she could not reject Camila. Camila would insist Lauren keep it.

"Let me help you," Camila took the necklace, "it suits you," Camila said, and they looked in the mirror. Lauren smiled, and Camila kissed her cheek.

"Let's have breakfast!" Lauren said.

"Okay!" They went downstairs to join Keana.

When they descended the stairs, Keana brought a chocolate birthday cake and started to sing a birthday song, "Happy birthday...🎵🎶..." Camila sang along. Lauren's smile was full. "Happy birthday, Lolo...!🎵🎶"

Camila was applauding. Lauren made a wish and blew off the candles, "Thanks, Kea!"

Keana gave Lauren a bear hug. "I love you, sweetie!"

"I love you, pumpkin!" Lauren replied as they were hugging.

Keana noticed Lauren's new necklace, "it's a beautiful necklace."

"Yeah..." Lauren looked at Camila, who was standing there, looking at them, "Oh, yes! Kea, it's Camila." Lauren introduced them, "Camila, it's Keana!"

They shook hands, "Hi!"

"Let's cut the cake!" Keana said. "This is our breakfast!" Keana laughed.