Chapter 17: A Bit More Special

Narrator's POV

Camila met her best friends: Dinah, Jade, and Lucy. Four of them celebrated Christmas exclusively by having lunch and giving each other gifts. It was their annual schedule. If any of them were out of the city or country, they would do it once they got back. Three of them spent their Christmas Eve with their family except for Camila. She always spent it with someone randomly. Dinah was curious, who the girl was for this Christmas, as Camila seemed peaceful and in a good mood, unlike previous Christmases. The curious-Dinah became more curious.

"So, Mila! Who's the woman screamed your name last night?" Dinah asked as they finished with their Christmas presents.

Lucy and Jade were also waiting for Camila to answer Dinah's question. They just wanted to know if their best friend had at least good sex on Christmas Eve since she did not celebrate with her family.

Camila smiled, "I did nothing last night. I told you, D. I came back, I had my dinner, and I fell asleep." Camila said.

"But with someone?" Dinah was suspicious.

"Yeah..." Camila knew they would not stop interrogating her until she said something, especially Dinah. "I was too tired, and I fell asleep."

"So, you took women home and did nothing?" Jade assumed.

Camila shrugged to confirm Jade's question.

"Such a waste!" Lucy commented.

"Camila whom I know never brought women to bed and did nothing," Jade commented further.

"It's just a woman!" Camila slipped out. Her mind was on Lauren.

"A?" Jade said, "a for one?" Camila raised both of her eyebrows.

"Not two? Or three?" Lucy chuckled.

Camila shook her head, "no, just one."

Dinah frowned, "so... unusual!"

"I just met one, so one," Camila repeated.

"Why don't I believe you?" Dinah said.

"Yes!" Jade and Lucy agreed with Dinah.

"It's just one. I want a more peaceful Christmas Eve this year." Camila smiled.

"Uh-huh..." Jade said, but she was looking at Camila suspiciously.

"Come on, Mila!" Lucy said. "Really? You did not fuck her last night?"

"Girls... What do you want me to say? I'm telling the truth." Camila said.

"Okay, I think it suits you," Dinah added.

Camila looked at Dinah, but Camila said nothing. They shared a look. Dinah looked at Jade and Lucy and looked back at Camila, "Is she someone a bit more special?"

"..." Camila did not answer immediately. It was the truth, but she was not ready to tell them since she did not know how it would be and how to describe her relationship with Lauren. She also considered Lucy's reaction if they found out.

"MILA!!" Dinah called her, "I knew it!" She had suspected when she called Camila earlier.

"Someone is having a special, unusual Christmas!!!" Jade said and sipped her drink.